UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fat Dogs Seized By Rspca

ReikiAnge

At no point did anyone, the vet or the RSPCA, tell me about the devastating consequences of the dogs not losing weight

Does she mean to the dogs health or the fact that the dogs would be taken from her? :rolleyes:

Pleading any form of ignorance and allowing the weight loss programme to slip is moronic. How the hell did she know how much the dogs weighed if she'd missed appointments?

Frank Field - Coming out for the wrong side! Idiot!

No compassion for the woman, she had the opportunity to sort it out. She hasn't just threatened the lives of her dogs, but seriously compromised thier enjoyment of a life they should have had. :angry:

:unsure: I'm afraid that like "Mum24dog" I'm in the minority on this one by the look of it.

Whilst these dogs are obviously well overweight and further guidance / support / strict targets were clearly needed to get them back into an appropriate shape the dogs do at least look cared for & she sounds as if she does actually love them, however misguidedly.

When I contrast this with two poor local GSD dogs which I personally reported to the RSPCA in November, having seen one of them struggling to get himself up with stiffness in the freezing cold & who although apparently reasonably fed appear to live outside 24/7, are caged all day, left alone & loose all night as guard dogs (illegal in itself I believe), with what I would consider an inadequate shelter, a bucket of water that was left to freeze to ice for the weekend and still they are there or the two that have appeared on German Shepherd Rescue in the last few days - both well underweight & kept locked in a cow shed - I'm afraid that I begin to question the consistency / judgement made here.

:unsure: I 'm afraid I agree with Ian here. I have reported many a cruelly treated or neglected dog to the RSPCA and nothing was done at all. Yes it is a form of cruelty to let these dogs get in that condition but in my mind it is nowhere near in the same category as dogs being starved.She should have been fined and MADE to carry through a diet but I think taking them away was an extreme over reaction when they leave starving dogs to die through "lack of evidence". :mad: Not very consistent the RSPCA,they go for the easy targets.Sorry if I upset people but that is how I feel.x

It was not the RSPCA who seized the dogs.

"Following an examination of the animals, the independent vet contacted the police, who after viewing the dogs and listening to the veterinary advice, made the decision to seize the animals under the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

The vet called in the police and the police made the decision to seize the dogs. The dogs were then handed in to the RSPCA care.

The case has not been to court, so she might yet just be fined and the dogs returned. That will be up the courts to decide, not the RSPCA , although they will make recommendations.