UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anti-puppy Farming Petition & Peaceful Protest *today* At Leeds Dogs4us

ReikiAnge

For those that asked to be informed of the protest at the Leeds branch of Dogs4Us, it's been arranged for Sunday 22 February at 11am - this is outside the store in Bramley, Leeds. It will be a peaceful protest with some children present, all welcome.

The organiser has advised attendees not to park cars etc in the store car park as this may result in clamping.

Info crossposted from the owner of the Facebook group Boycott Dogs4Us, I only know the info above :flowers: Tis too far for me but I hope it is successful and manages to convince some more people not to buy from the store.

• 4 weeks later...

Crossposting ... this is taking place today, Sunday 22 February 2009.

For anyone living in the Leeds area I just wanted to give you the opportunity to go along to Leeds Dogs4Us at 11am tomorrow to give your support to the peaceful demo to protest against the selling of puppies from pet shops.

It is known that Dogs4Us are selling puppies who started their lives in the horrendous conditions in Carmarthenshire puppy farms.

The protesters will be asking the public to sign the petition to ban puppy farming which will be handed into the officials at Carmarthenshire County Council in March

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/24732.html

They will also be lighting candles in memory of all the puppy farm victims past and present.

I only managed to go to the first two hours of this protest - anyone know what happened in the afternoon?

The morning was pretty quiet, but most customers were willing to listen and a few turned back. Many of them took leaflets and spoke to people (at the demo) who'd previously bought puppies from the store and had either lost them to disease or ended up with horrific health problems.

I was sorry not to be able to stay for the whole day, and although I spoke to a few people, I didn't "know" anyone there. Lots of websites had advertised the protest, I believe. :)

I only managed to go to the first two hours of this protest - anyone know what happened in the afternoon?

The morning was pretty quiet, but most customers were willing to listen and a few turned back. Many of them took leaflets and spoke to people (at the demo) who'd previously bought puppies from the store and had either lost them to disease or ended up with horrific health problems.

I was sorry not to be able to stay for the whole day, and although I spoke to a few people, I didn't "know" anyone there. Lots of websites had advertised the protest, I believe. :)

Sorry, meant to reply to this sooner. Thank you for letting us know how things went - it's great that even a few people turned back. I gather from the Facebook group that there is to be another similar even in March.

It's very sad to hear of any puppies being ill and even worse dying, but I hope some positive comes from those who have these sad experiences, in being able to put others off buying from such places. That combined with the information on the lives the breeding dogs lead, will hopefully deter more and more people.