UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pregnancy Test

Pouchie

I know it is a silly question but is there a test to see if a dog is pregnant or not :unsure:

I left for the UK 4 weeks ago for the birth of my grandson and a few days after I left the little girl below (now named Roxy) appeared on the land and adopted my OH. She had obviously broken free as she had a piece of rope tied around her neck. Of course he took her around asking if anybody new her but of course no body did :wink:

After 2 weeks my OH joined me in the UK for a week leaving the dogs (including Roxy) with friends coming up to see to them. We arrived back last Saturday and noticed that Roxy was in season, we guess she was around the middle week due the blood loss. All mine are all done so no problem there, and she has not been out of our sight this week but problem is she could have got under the gate while friends were looking after them and got caught. I want to wait a few months before getting her done but can't risk her being in pup, has any one any suggestions on how I can tell if she has been got at as she will need a termination if she has.

Sorry post is a bit long winded :wacko:

Roxy dog number 8

089.jpg

Edited by Pouchie

Vets can sometimes feel the pups, I think it is at three weeks. After that they move up into the body and can't be felt.

When a colleague's bitch was caught by her dog ( her husband' only left them for a minute') the vet advised waiting until the season was finished and then speying. ( the bitch was going to speyed any way)

• 3 weeks later...

Penny (was Roxy) was speyed last Wednesday and yes was in whelp :wacko: would not normally have had a bitched done this early after a season but did not want to risk her having puppies :wink: after having her staples out she can know look forward to enjoying her puppyhood without becoming an early mum :rolleyes: