UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Flea Treatments

merledogs

I don't usually use flea treatments on my cats or dogs as they don't usually get them. However, recently the cats have caught them and subsequently the dogs :rolleyes: I had some Frontline for cats in the cupboard so have done them but teh dogs need doing.

I am sure there was a link given for VetMedic (I think) which I have used previously which benefits rescues but I can't find it so if someone could post it, that would be great :flowers:

Also, has anybody used Program? It's in tablet form rather than pipette so would be easier to administer but just wondered if it was any good or not?

I don't usually use flea treatments on my cats or dogs as they don't usually get them. However, recently the cats have caught them and subsequently the dogs :rolleyes: I had some Frontline for cats in the cupboard so have done them but teh dogs need doing.

I am sure there was a link given for VetMedic (I think) which I have used previously which benefits rescues but I can't find it so if someone could post it, that would be great :flowers:

Also, has anybody used Program? It's in tablet form rather than pipette so would be easier to administer but just wondered if it was any good or not?

Ordering via VetUK benefits Wiccaweys :flowers:

Ordering via VetUK benefits Wiccaweys :flowers:

Sorry I did try to edit but I think I ran out of time :rolleyes:

Just to add that you need to link to VetUK via Wiccaweys main site so that they get the donation. It's in the Links section near the bottom :flowers:

We use Program tablets for the 3 dogs - aged 15, 19 months and 15 weeks and the injectable form for the cats - we have had no flea's or tick issues - the ticks go gray and die or fall off.

The dogs get the tablet form once a month and its easy to administer wrapped in a treat!

Have to say I'm not a fan of things like Program, especially when it needs doing once a month, just not keen on giving an animal a pesticide that often, who knows what cumulative effect it could have, I only use a spray if they get fleas, and use that house spray the rest of the time.

Celeste I'm not a fan of using monthly treatments either. Mine hardly ever get fleas but when they do, I will de-flea them, but I also don't believe in putting poisons into their bodies month after month so don't use it unless necessary :flowers:

Thanks all. I have just ordered the usual Frontline through VetUK linky :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

I had problems with Dixie because of the amount of toxins we put into our dogs with all these treatments which is why I now have a zapper, if find this much better and as it is a comb, it can be used for the normal grooming.

My parents cat has awful problems with his skin, he's always having to go to the vet for it, I've often wondered if it wasn't due to them being a bit over enthusiastic with flea treatments and wormers when he was a youngster.