UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oohh Errr

Amaranth

Merlyn was a really good boy, he waited when I asked him and did really well for his first show on courses which all commented were very tricky for beginners (same courses for all standards just different times).

In the Agility, we were eliminated but for something positive in that we did the weaves then the course doubled back to the A-Frame which was Parallel to the weaves then doubled back to a jump that ws parallel again but going the opposite direction to the A-Frame, anyway we did the weaves and the A-Frame and then I turned and didn't check he was beside me and he went back over the A-Frame instead of over the jump. We did then do the rest of the course correctly and managed all contacts (he was so good). In the Helter skelter he knocked two poles down and in the Jumping I kicked one down and he went under a jump the first time but went over when asked a 2nd time.

Overall I had a wonderful time and was incredibly proud of my little chap, I think we did ok for our first time :)

On Monday I had surgery - hence delay in responding - sorry.

Aly

PS Thanks again for all good wishes - agility is such a friendly sport :)

By the description of the agility, you must have been at the same show as me - Woolstone. Well done, the jumping was definately not a beginner course :)

Yes it was Woolstone - oh I wish I had known, I would have said hello :)

You may have spotted us anyway as I was the one who said "Not really" in reply to the "are you ready?" question each time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I still say that at the start line, especially with my manic Dizzy.

I'm so glad that you had a good time, WAG always have a nice laid back show - though it was a long day.

Good luck with you next show :) . Where are you off to next?

I have just completed an on line entry for our first UKA show - GT AGility at Newbury on 30th April and we are entered for Bincknoll on 16th July :)

Merlyn was a really good boy, he waited when I asked him and did really well for his first show on courses which all commented were very tricky for beginners (same courses for all standards just different times).

In the Agility, we were eliminated but for something positive in that we did the weaves then the course doubled back to the A-Frame which was Parallel to the weaves then doubled back to a jump that ws parallel again but going the opposite direction to the A-Frame, anyway we did the weaves and the A-Frame and then I turned and didn't check he was beside me and he went back over the A-Frame instead of over the jump. We did then do the rest of the course correctly and managed all contacts (he was so good). In the Helter skelter he knocked two poles down and in the Jumping I kicked one down and he went under a jump the first time but went over when asked a 2nd time.

Overall I had a wonderful time and was incredibly proud of my little chap, I think we did ok for our first time :)

That's great Aly, it sounds like you both did very, very well for your first show :elefant: It's a shame that the course was the same for all standards, but don't worry, it won't be like that at most shows.

Well done to you and Merlyn :thumbsup_anim: