UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Monty's 4th Home Coming Day

Yeti

4 years ago today we got a visit from Lynne, who had been sent by Claire, to home-check us. In tow - literally - was Monty; he was so scared he didn't even want to come in the front door.

We passed the home-check and Monty stayed with us. It was our first in-sight into the world of rescue greyhounds and what goes on. The rest is history; if it wasn't for Monty the other WL hounds (Jack, Troy, Lucy and Mack) wouldn't be here and neither would Rosie, and we wouldn't have met so many brilliant people. Funny how one hound can change things.

Here's a couple of pics that show how far Monty has come:

This was taken just after he was rescued in Ireland - unsure and obviously very nervous

montywexford2.jpg

You can read the e-mail we got from Jackie in Ireland about Monty's rescue here.

By contrast - this year on holiday at Dumpledale

0804260010w400.jpg

So happy Home Coming Day Monty - and many, many more to come.

Happy 4th Gotcha day Marvellous Montydog

Monty is very very very special to the house of Squirrel as Monty and Holly share the same Irish rescuers and foster mum :wub:

The Lorraine Jackie mentions in the email is the same Lorraine who pulled my Holly out of the pound just in time, Lorraine is according to Holly an angel as is Jackie ( I think that Monty agrees )

Both Holly and Monty lived with Lorraine for a few weeks until they were able to travel , in Hollys case Lorraine brought her over on the ferry and I met her

I remember in early December 2004 I had just adopted Noah from Whitelodge and Lorraine asked me if I knew any rescues in the UK that could help Monty and I said Noah had come from a fab place near me called Whitelodge :ninja: later that night Lorraine emailed back and said that via Mary Whitelodge had offered him a space and we both thought that was a sign it was all going to work out

I promised Lorraine I would go and visit Monty at Whitelodge and before I could even get up there once Chris , Gill and Kai had visited and the rest is history

I am very fond of all the Beastly Beasts but I love Monty :wub:

I remember in early December 2004 I had just adopted Noah from Whitelodge and Lorraine asked me if I knew any rescues in the UK that could help Monty and I said Noah had come from a fab place near me called Whitelodge :ninja:

Ah, so it's all YOUR fault?! :D

Happy 4th Anniversary Monty Beast.

ooh and Chris I can't remember if I told you but the photo of Monty in the green bed was taken in Lorraine's kitchen , its the same bed that Holly spelt in and it was near a radiator or fire /shove ( can't remember which one ) but it was the warmest place in the house and she said the foster dogs seemed to know it was a special safe place

Lorraine also told me that once he got a bit confident that Monty used to collect her shoes and hide them in his bed :laugh:

Ah, so it's all YOUR fault?! :D

erm well yesI had a slight hand in it but I didn't own up at the time as I didn't really know you that well ( and I had only taken one defective dog off you at that point :laugh: )

I just acted REALLY surprised at the sheer coincidence of Hollys foster mum sending you a dog :whistle:

I think Chris is pleased at my sneakiness :ninja: