UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Freshfields Animal Rescue

katie deans

Oh no :mecry:

Can we organise to do a run up to them to take some vet bed, plastic beds and food etc??

I remember taking a Staffie up there to them. What fantastic people they were. :wub:

I think we should all rally around to help.

I don't mind trying to organise stuff, a fundraiser etc. If it could be allowed. :unsure:

Kazz xx

sounds like an appeal we can help set up.

will sort something out tomorrow

I spoke to three volunteers over the weekend, they are all shocked and upset, they were in urgent need of housing but have got crates now (thankfully the Christmas Fair last week did well so some funds were used.) The small dog and puppy unit has gone as well as the kitchen, they have no electricity but that should be sorted soon. They are in urgent need of bedding, blankets, fleeces, towels etc. If anyone can take to the shelter (or to one of the shops) or post that would be great.

http://www.freshfieldsrescue.org.uk/

One of the volunteers put an appeal on Freecycle and lots of people have offered to help out but any offers of help would be appreciated too. A new shop will be opening in Formby in the New Year so items for that would be good too.

Run free Marni xx

sounds like an appeal we can help set up.

will sort something out tomorrow

Thanks Pingu :) I have some stuff here

sorry was out all day yesterday at a wedding! Anything that people can do they will be so thankful....... i was there rep on there but then had to leave when worked full time at DT.....but still speak to ppl and each dog there is like one of there own......i knwo the press quoted that but freshfieds gets under your skin because everyone works so hard and long hours! There a 24hrs a day rescue with emergency call outs!

The block that went on fire has 5 large kennels which house up to 3/4 dogs at a time so thats ALOT of space gone als means they cant help any pups or isolation dogs .......this will effect the area quite a bit at this time of year

Oh no :mecry:

Can we organise to do a run up to them to take some vet bed, plastic beds and food etc??

I remember taking a Staffie up there to them. What fantastic people they were. :wub:

I think we should all rally around to help.

I don't mind trying to organise stuff, a fundraiser etc. If it could be allowed. :unsure:

Kazz xx

was going to say that myself

I have a couple of old blankets, pillows and duvets that I was going to donate

somewhere - I will be sending them to freshfields

im thinking of doing a tesco delivery to the centre with some dog treats in but also some treat for the staff as im sure they could do with knowing people care about them and thank them for what they have done! the two staff who rushed in and saved all the other dogs must be in real shock.

just a thought !

what do P A H do when people return collars, leads etc where they

have been worn, and are a bit grubby and werent the right ones

for the dogs concerned.

I took back a harness about 18 months ago for a swap, and they did

it no questions asked. I didnt have the packaging and it had been worn

a couiple of times too

Can we approach PAH to see if they have any used stock that they can't sell of

collars leads, beds bowls etc

Worth a try at your local PAH store, if i can get to mine it's worth a try

yeah i know ppl at the local pah and she keps them to one side and puts them in the Dogs Trust bin........and dogs trust are taking al there extra stuf up to freshfields this week as T manager knows the well! :) that is the bonus that there are good links with the rescues in liverpool