UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oh Sh&^!

Ruthi (borrowadog)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger and Seamus think the couch is comfy! There's no room for me. :)

Molly is doing well. she barks at the boys when they look in, but is otherwise quiet and calm. I'll take her out for a walk (on her own, just round the block) after I have had some lunch.

I still need advice about how to post pictures, people :wink:

Ruth

mum and pups will need worming immediately and then give mum 3 meals a day to build her up. At 4 weeks the pups are well on their way to weaning and should spend time away from mum to give her a break. In the pups room mum should have somewhere off the floor that she can jump on to get away from the pups sharp teeth and claws. Pups claws should be trimmed every week to take the points off or they will scratch mum to bits. Pups should also start drinking water now too in a very shallow dish. At 4 weeks the pups are developing their characters and are great fun and should be handled as much as possible,by children too as long as they are watched carefully. x

They've all had their first wormer - pups get half strength for 3 days. Each weighs in at around 1.4 kilos - not sure what that translates to in adulthood! They are in the kitchen with the baby gate up (Seamus can open doors) and she woofs when the boys pass by, but settles as soon as its quiet so I think that bodes well. Theres a lot of puppy squeaking going on right now so I shall go and investigate in a minute.

We've been for a walk she was fine, but we didn't see any other dogs.

I've been to PAH and spent a fortune on Naturediet (can't stand the smell of the other ready-made crap), a plastic bed, puppy pads, a collar, a bone thingy (for extra calcium).... I think mum will be on 4 meals a day for a while, she is permanently hungry - and would steal the pups food if she was allowed.

She's a sweet little thing, worried, but not an ounce of aggression. Her people were muzzling her because she was barky(and never walking her because it was too stressful), but I don't get it myself. She just needs to feel safe.

Right, now to take the pictures. Pups are pretty well solid black, so I may have to wait for OH to come and help me get decent pix.