UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Alternatives To Burgess Sensitive

Karen

Thanks Wendy, I saw the Harringtons food in the auction last week and didn't think any more about it. Once I've found a reliable supply of the right food I'm a very loyal customer :laugh: It looks like I can buy a small bag in Tesco so I will go and look tomorrow.

We used Burns for ages, until I got fed up with Rosie having an upset stomach each time we started a new bag.

I could order Burgess online, but the cost would work out more than 50% more than I currently pay, so I think its a good point to investigate alternatives.

In case I can't get any sensitive food for the dogs, what would be a suitable alternative? Lily needs a something and rice diet and Rosie can't eat chicken. Almost all the hypo allergenic foods include chicken or chicken fat.

I just looked at Arden Grange lamb as that says:

Alternative protein source – frequently suited to those dogs with an intolerance or allergy to chicken protein

but it contains chicken fat - so I guess they don't feel that causes the same problems as the meat :unsure:

I know Skinners is fed/recommended by a lot of Lab owners - both those owning working and pet dogs and it's VAT free - they do a salmon one that doesn't mention chicken:

http://www.skinnerspetfoods.co.uk/products...n-and-rice.html

They will send you a free sample if you email them too :)

I feed Naturediet, which is great but not a dried food, otherwise I'd recommend it.