UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Horsebox Stolen With Horse And Dog In It...

depurple1

Crossposted from another forum with permission (hope this is OK):

Yesterday while out we left the box on the side of the road in Peover, near Knutsford, with a horse and my Border Terrier bitch, Jazz in it.

It was left for 45 mins, in that time it was stolen, horse, dog and 8 witney rugs, 8 sweat sheets, 8 headcollars and leadropes.

They dumped the horse on the main road about 5 miles away, in Goostrey, by Hermitage lane. My dog is still gone.

They may have dumped her in Peover, they may have dumped her in Goostrey, or they might still have her.

She is microchipped, and has a collar on with her name and my number on. We think they drove South down the M6but who knows where they are now.

Could anyone in the local area or further afield please keep an eye out for Jazz.

Details of horsebox:

Lorry is an 8 horse Ford, silver unpainted hunting box no living. Reg Y393 KBA. White cab, no limiter on it so most probably going about 75mph. Body only built last year so quite new looking.

I can't believe that people would be so heartless as to steal a box with animals in it, and then just dump the horse by a main road! Please can people keep an eye out for the dog...

If I lost my dog I think the box and rugs would be the least of my worries,they are insured and can be replaced. So glad that the horse is safe and I do hope that the dog turns up safe and well and quickly. x

My thougts exactly. When I read it I wondered why the rugs were listed!

I hope the horse is ok and the dog is found quickly.

Try going round the horse sales locally and sending photos of the dog to the auctioneers of horse sales further afield. It is not uncommon for dogs, puppies and horse boxes, tack etc to be sold at the same time.

Llanybydder horse sale in Wales is held the last Thursday of every month and I know people come from as far a field as Essex to this sale.

There is also Beeston which I think is in Cheshire.

Best bet is to buy Horse and Hound for the sale listings.

Hope the dog is recovered very soon. If the lorry was locked then these thieves were obviously very determined and must have been watching.

D