UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Waterproof And Long Boots - Any Ideas?

ReikiAnge

Oh god yes that's exactly how it feels! I know it's really not a huge thing in the grand scheme of life but I *hate* wasting money so I'm determined these things are going to be comfy at some point, I just have to be more patient I guess!

and don't forget the thin socks under the thick ones, 'twil reduce any rubbing friction.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and don't forget the thin socks under the thick ones, 'twil reduce any rubbing friction.

What sort of "thin" should I be looking for?

Just wondering if it's worth taking them to the cobblers to see if they can widen the heel slightly? :unsure:

Sorry Emma, I'm probably being dense :flowers: but why I would want them to widen the heel?

Tempest The 'Huntress' made by Hunters would be your best bet - they are designed for ladies with bigger calves. I'm thinking of getting a pair but not sure of sizes. I've been told you need to order a size smaller than your normal shoe size for The Huntress as they run quite large.

Does anyone have these that can advise?

I'm a 6.5 shoe size and bought a 7 and they fit fine, I think I have pretty normal feet ;) The only thing I would say is that I bought mine in January and they began leaking a couple of months ago, so not the most long-lived wellies for £45.00 odd. I do wear them quite a bit though.

I'm a 6.5 shoe size and bought a 7 and they fit fine, I think I have pretty normal feet ;) The only thing I would say is that I bought mine in January and they began leaking a couple of months ago, so not the most long-lived wellies for £45.00 odd. I do wear them quite a bit though.

Thanks Rudi. That's very useful to know. I'm a 6 so would stick with buying that size then. Bit worrying that they don't appear to last. A lot of people who have them say the same about the Hunters. They are now manufactured in China instead of Scotland and it seems the quality isn't as good as the older ones made years ago which were pretty indestructible. I would be using them a fair bit so will have to have a think if they're worth it . . .

Anyway, thanks again. :flowers: