UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Muck Boots - Do You Have A Pair? I Want To Order Some Today, Need Advice

ReikiAnge

My boots arrived earlier :biggrin:

I bought the navy Derwents from Uttings Outdoors: http://www.uttingsoutdoors.com/?categories...wear/muckboots/ - very impressed with delivery! (I did call first to check the ones I wanted were in stock).

I had no problem getting them over my calves, which was good :) They feel nice and snug and they move with your legs, compared to previous wellies which seem to stay put, shape wise, while your legs move! Have only worn them around the house so far but am going to try them out properly later :)

They weren't cheap but they are my early Christmas present from Rob as I have wanted some for ages and with things being as wet and muddy as they are, it seemed a good plan to get them now :)

Thanks for the help deciding :flowers:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see how you get on with the grip of these? I have 2 pairs, one for riding and genarally for up the farm and one for dog walking. I do wear them an awful lot as I am a dog walker have not been impressed with the grip. Have nearly gone a few times in wet mud.

Sue

They are Derwent. Did you have a slippery walk ?

Sue

It could be that mine are worn a bit, but thinking back although they are so comfy,warm and I love them to bits,I have never felt 100% safe when in slippy muddy conditions.I am always aware of this and try to tread and pick my route carefully.

Sue

I have made it back :biggrin: I took the Dors for a very wet and muddy walk in the woods. The boots are fab, although they have rubbed on the back of my heels, even with two pairs of walking socks on, which my walking boots never did, but I'm hoping that will sort itself out :unsure:

I'm amazed at how clean they are after walking through tons of mud and puddles, my walking boots are caked in mud and that's while avoiding puddles as much as I can! It is quite strange not having to try to walk around things, I kept forgetting I could walk straight through puddles without worrying :laugh:

Aside from the heel issue, I think they're brilliant. They're very comfy around the rest of the foot and I found the tread really good. I did have a few almost slips, but I would have had those in my walking boots anyway. It is really nice to wear welly type boots that are snug to your legs and move with them, they're much nicer to wear than any wellies I've bought before. They don't feel at all "clumpy" to wear.

Aside from the heel rubbing, I think they're fantastic. Did anyone else find they rubbed their heels at first?

I can't remember if they rubbed to be honest, it was such a long time ago that I bought them :unsure:

I wonder if maybe it was because you wore two pairs of socks that they caused friction and rubbed? I only ever wear very thin socks with mine because my feet never get cold in them.

Glad you liked them though :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

I don't know, I usually only wear one pair of socks in my walking boots but the Muck Boots felt slightly lose (not lose enough to get a smaller size) so I figured two pairs would make them less loose and less likely to rub :unsure:

Hopefully it will sort itself out as otherwise they get a 10/10, I think they're fab. I can get my legs into them easily, even with my jeans stuffed in too, which means the bottoms of my jeans won't continually get caked in mud on every walk :biggrin:

I guess the fit will depend on the size/width of one's feet, as the boots only come in whole sizes and people's feet differ even within each size don't they? My feet didn't get sweaty, just felt nice and snug. Apart from the heels. Maybe I'll need an extra insole or something :unsure: Or toughen up my heels somehow.

I guess the fit will depend on the size/width of one's feet, as the boots only come in whole sizes and people's feet differ even within each size don't they? My feet didn't get sweaty, just felt nice and snug. Apart from the heels. Maybe I'll need an extra insole or something :unsure: Or toughen up my heels somehow.

You can get party feet sticky on heel cuchions to put in the boot and you could also try those compeed blister plasters, they are like gel and bond to your blister until it's healed but cushion any bruising at the same time :flowers:

I think I may be eBaying a few-times used pair of Muck Boots :sad02:

I gave them a rest yesterday, sorted some blister plasters, tried again today and the blister plasters which are meant to remain in place for 2-3 days got rubbed off and my heels are red raw :mecry:

Rob wants to get me some Hunters now but I like the design of the Muck Boots and we don't have money to waste and these were my Xmas present :sad02: - but ouch, I can't possibly wear them if they're going to do this.

My walking boots are wonderful, they were totally comfortable from the first day and have never rubbed, I wish they made them in a "taller" version.

I ordered my normal shoe size which is what I read to do and they felt ok walking around the house, so trying on another pair of boots for a few minutes isn't going to be a guide to how they'll be walking in the fields/woods is it. Woe :sad02: Wish I'd never bought the things.