UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Today Is Not Such A Great Day Because ........

Clare

I'm perhaps trying to "get away from things for a short time" on here & also wanted to try & offer a little support to a lady on another forum who is struggling with her dog's failing legs but have been up all night going between my Dad & Tara & Thor.

Dad is elderly & now critically ill having already been rescuscitated. Dr's are saying % chance of his recovery are "very small" & he wasn't even expected to make it through the night although as of an hour ago he was still fighting. I'm just about to head back to the hospital but I'm afraid am not optimistic. It really has been a s****y year :(

Oh Ian :GroupHug:

I'm sorry you are having such a crappy year too,,, I wouldn't wish my year on anyone and I'm sure you feel the same way too..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a 12 year old pointer into rescue, because his family is emigrating to australia on tuesday. :(

He's a stunning looking dog and doesn't look anywhere near his age. He cried all the way on our journey to the kennels. I cried all the way back.

I suppose his family at least cared enough to contact Pointer Rescue Service, rather than just abandoning him somewhere. :(

:flowers: thank you. I nearly died of shame when I first realised that I had to do it but I spoke to a bankruptcy company who helped me all the way through. I have always paid my bills and earned my living but because of the CFS and blindness i will never be able to work again. It has hit me hard but I just couldn't pay everything and it made me really depressed. I confided in a "friend" who has since told the world and his wife so I wanted to state the facts before the story got out of hand. It was not a huge amount that I owed (but it did get bigger as the story went round) but it was enough to worry the life out of me. But I am glad that I did it,it has taken a lot of stress out of my life. Thank you for being kind x

I think its a sad reflection on society that a so called "friend" is spreading nasty stories about you :( It's an unfortunate fact of life that you cant work any more and that's why you have had problems!

You know you have done everything that you can. Dont worry about shallow people Cher :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: Ian and your dad.

Because I am out of work and broke I declared myself bankrupt in October. I had my interview with the Official Receiver yesterday and I am now officially a bankrupt (but debt free). I thought that I would be open and tell everyone myself as someone else is doing a good job of letting people know! I was worried and ashamed but I am not now,it is a big weight off my shoulders.x

:GroupHug: Thankyou for your kind thoughts when you've clearly had worries of your own. Whilst I can understand the initial worry there will come a point when this is cleared and you can start afresh. There are many many people - even those in good health and who have spent far less, if anything, on trying to help animals in need - who either have struggled or are struggling in the current climate (over 100 homes every day are being reposessed according to todays news) and I don't think you should feel ashamed in the meantime.

Thankyou also to everyone else for your kind thoughts. Maybe I should start a new thread - what's good about today for this :unsure: but thankfully "peace" isn't yet coming to Dad I don't think. Stubborn old s*d :wink: once again has to prove that he knows best & although still having some way to go if he isn't to relapse is currently & against all odds not only still fighting but greatly improved & getting more cantankerous again, demanding of the Dr & I as we updated just after I arrived today "will you let me talk". :rolleyes:

Edited by Ian

Stubborn old s*d :wink: once again has to prove that he knows best & although still having some way to go if he isn't to relapse is currently & against all odds not only still fighting but greatly improved & getting more cantankerous again, demanding of the Dr & I as we updated just after I arrived today "will you let me talk". :rolleyes:

Och, that's what we oldies like to hear. :wink:

Being a grumpy old git is what keeps you going after a certain age. :laugh:

I feel bad,depressed even :( In the years that I've been able to read (30+),I've never been lituraly sick to my stomach :sick01: but after all the stuff I've read on Baby P,for the first time I am.I know there is nothing anybody can ever do to take it back,but I feel soooooooooooo sorry for the little man :mecry: :mecry:

I feel bad,depressed even :( In the years that I've been able to read (30+),I've never been lituraly sick to my stomach :sick01: but after all the stuff I've read on Baby P,for the first time I am.I know there is nothing anybody can ever do to take it back,but I feel soooooooooooo sorry for the little man :mecry: :mecry:

:GroupHug: Whilst we can sadly, as you say, never do anything to take back what happened to this poor little boy I truly hope that lessons can & will at least be learned from the mistakes that so obviously occured here & will thus at least prevent it ever being allowed to happen to another child.

me foster puppies are poorly and so am i so we all stayed in bed together :wub:

Hope you feel better today :flowers:

I suppose his family at least cared enough to contact Pointer Rescue Service, rather than just abandoning him somewhere. :(

Yes, shame though :(

Stubborn old s*d :wink: once again has to prove that he knows best & although still having some way to go if he isn't to relapse is currently & against all odds not only still fighting but greatly improved & getting more cantankerous again, demanding of the Dr & I as we updated just after I arrived today "will you let me talk". :rolleyes:

:flowers:

:( Like Jo and Joyce before him Dad put up a good fight but sadly even though he'd been improving & unlike on Tuesday we were expecting it last night that fight has served only to allow us all a little time to say goodbye. I last saw him - alive at least - at about 3pm yesterday but Brian & Carol were both with him when he passed away at about 10 to 9 yesterday evening. :mecry:

God bless Dad :bigheart3: