UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cancer In Dogs

one.eyed.dog

To be honest, there are so many types of tumours and cancers, you'd really be better off waiting for test results. Symptoms and treatments are so varied.

Edited to add, if you do a search on cancer in this area of the forum you'll find information as lots of us have had dogs with cancer :(

Yes I've had a dog with cancer but, as has been said, your really best to wait, its impossible to tell if a lumps anything to worry about, even fast growing ones can be cysts, I know its hard, you'll be sick with worry, and reading up on cancer just leaves you with more questions than answers.When will you get the results ?

:GroupHug:

:GroupHug: Stanley had both fatty cysts and cancerous lumps. They cut out the cancerous lumps and he lived happily for another couple of years after that. He had some homeopathic treatment to boost his immune system. But as others have said, wait for the diagnosis - it may not be as bad as you fear.

eta - he was an old boy and didn't die of the cancer, it was a combinatination of a lot of things

Edited by eve

Ellie and Lottie :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

You know that Mal has got lymphoma (cancer in his blood cells) - and is a very lumpy man too these days! The lumps are fatty lumps though - must be all the treats he is getting :rolleyes: It's impossible not to worry, I know, just remember that Lottie is not at all worried and very much enjoying chasing stags! :ohmy: :laugh:

Oh Ellie, You never said when you rang. Have they taken a biopsy yet? As a couple of others have said, there are so many different types of cancer that it would be best to wait until diagnosis and then there are probably people who can give you their own experiences, probably me as you know both Harvey last November and Molly earlier this year have both had cancer. Thankfully that lump that is growing on Susie's butt has been tested and diagnosed fatty lump or god knows what i'd have done.

Please let me know when you get the results and if you want to chat, you know where I am :hug:

My 14 year old lab. came to me 2 years ago with fatty lumps and at least one hard fixed lump. Because of his general condition at that time (unrelated to the lump) my trusted vet advised no operation. As his general condition improved he 'grew' a few more lumps some fatty and others not; he is happy, comfortable, enjoys daily walks, eats well and all kidney and liver function tests are normal. Each cancer is different and he is regularly monitored by my vet and is still going strong.

Every case is different but cancer is not necessarily the end of the road, far from it!

Ellie,

Different cancers do different things. If they have taken a biopsy you will know what you are dealing with. :GroupHug: I do hope it is just a fatty lump.

Mandy has Spindle Cell cancer. Her lump on her side has got huge. However she is not in pain from it thank goodness. :wub:

We found out a week ago that the lumps under her *armpits* are spores off the main lump. Also she has mammary gland tumors. :mecry:

Unfortunately Mandy can not have any anaesthetic, so it is a matter of time. :(

Potty Lottie is an active, youngster, please try not to worry.

Mandy is a girl of at least 14 now.

Thinking of you at this worrying time. :GroupHug:

Kazz xx

To be honest, there are so many types of tumours and cancers, you'd really be better off waiting for test results. Symptoms and treatments are so varied.

:flowers: :GroupHug: I agree with Wendbert, the forms are so varied. I've had dogs with bone cancer, skin cancer and mammory cancer but the symptoms are so different for the specific type of cancer, and then different in individual dogs. I've also had dogs with huge lumps that grew big quite quickly but were completely benign.

Hope the wait isn't too long :GroupHug: