UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Special Thoughts For Birdie Num Nums

bonniebird

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. The vets have done blood tests for pancreatitus amongst other things, the first test says she probably don't have it, the second test should be more definate. There isn't a specific test for it, so it is a process of elimination. I just spoke to the vet again, they said she is stressing :mecry: and will be better off at home, but they wanted her on the drip a little longer, so we are picking her up at 6pm.

If she wasn't stressing they would have kept her in tonight too. They said because she is blind, its really hard for her being there :( They are hoping it was just gastro enteritus, but they are going to see what happens and may do a test for Addisons. I'm not even going to google that until I really need to.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and very kind messages. You lot are always there when needed :flowers: :wub: :GroupHug:

We're leaving now to go get her :biggrin:

Karen, Gilbert and Edie x x x

Oh, she was so stressed :( I never seen her like that :( They needed 2 people to take her drip out to stop the bleeding I suppose and put pressure on her leg, when they bought her out, she was panting in a way I never heard her do before. It was horrible.

She was like that most of the way home, then we walked in the front door, she had a small drink and a small amount of food and has been asleep snoring her little head off in her favorite bed all night :wub: Now I've got to wake her for a pee and attempt to get her to have a little drop of water. Thats the problem, she eats really well, but drinks like a sparrow.

But, oh, how I've enjoyed listening to her breathing and snoring away in her bed :happy: :wub:

Thanks again all of you :flowers: she has to go back tomorrow for a check up but at least I have my sweet pea home :biggrin: What a relief :wacko:

Welcome home Num Nums :wub: :wub: :wub:

So pleased Birdie is home, have you tried making her chicken soup (basically chicken on the bone simmered for a few hours), that way you'll be getting liquid into her with her food.

Sounds like a plan :flowers: , what else do I put in it? When Gyp (Joe's dog) was ill, he was working and a friend and I had to pick her up from the vets for him, they told me to buy her campbells condensed chicken soup and water it down a lot and give it to her warm, could I do that? Or would my own be better, just know that I have not ever made chicken soup before :huh:

Canned soup might have quite a lot of salt in, so may not be the best thing for her if she's dehydrated anyway.

When I was having trouble getting Callie to drink she would take water with a bit of natural yoghurt mixed in, so that might be worth a try.