UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Behaviousrist

heva

Coming to end of ideas and also my tether!

need recomendations (that are not too expensive) for behavour ppl! all people i know that have used in past with rescue are way out of our price limits at the moment!

and i know we should be able to pay for our pets if we keep them but with current state of finance im sure you can understand it aint easy!

This is for OH parents dogs which is getting worse and ended in big fight last night!

and dont know what else to do now! its so hard as there not my dogs and i've run out of ideas

I assume they are all neutered and have had a quick health check by a vet to make sure there is no underlying issues with health before you pay out for a behaviourist. I know dogs trust isnt exactly your fav place in merseyside, but would you not consider perhaps taking one of the 2 older ones to the evening classes run by the behaviourists?

oh i still go up there and getting some stuff of behaviour person there but they will only see DT dogs and only one of them is....and he aint the problem!!! someone needs to come inot the house really i think and see it all!!!

its just so hard and delicate not being my dogs and i can see the potential for something big brewing but others arent as doggie........

Is Caleb a male? Males often cow tow to bitches and don't fight back. It's not unheard of I know.

Is this a case of the 2 dogs just don't like each other. Or one of them doesn't like the other or has this established itself over time. If so what causes the arguments and how is it being managed by the people who live in the house.

i know lyn through work and i know wshe is the best around for miles and if it was my money it would be different but bare in mind none doggy people dont understand the whole concept of dog behaviourist.............ppl just sometimes thinks dogs are just naughty!!!

so trying to convince someone the dog needs a behaviourist and it will cost a fair bit.......its hard work!!!

Not sure if Lyn takes on insurance cases (some insurance cases will only do APBC) but you could double check, if the dogs are insured?

Or ask her for a recommendation elsewhere?

A bad behaviourist is truly worse than none at all, that's the problem, which I'm sure you know anyway :)

Good luck - it's hard to keep up with everything when money is tight.