UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dogs Go Mad In Wales

Anne Grose

Thought you guys might like to see my two having fun on their recent holiday. We went to South Pembrokeshire, which is somewhere I have never been before but will definitely be going back to.

It is THE most dog friendly place I have ever been, it was the first time either dog had been to the sea. If you watch these clips, bear in mind that Barty - the lurcher - has no hips sockets - a bulging disc in the his back and also spondylosis. This was a dog having FUN with a capitol F.

Enjoy - my dogs did !!!!

Anne, Barty & Chloe

I absolutely loved Pembrokeshire. Newgale beach which was the nearest to where we were staying is 2 miles long and 1 and a half of that dogs can run and play any time of year. The videos were taken on Nolton beach where we went swimming. We spent the whole day on the beach from 11am until around 4pm and Barty didn't stop playing with doggy friends, running in and out of the surf and paddling around with a silly grin on his face. I haven't seen him have so much fun since he was a two year old.

I can't believe I hadn't discovered this place before, but I shall be back. We are taking them to Cornwall in a couple of weeks as I can't get back to France because of the channel tunnel fire so hopefully he will have as much fun there.

Anne

We stayed in my friend's cottage in Roch, which is on the south coast about 1/2 mile from Newgale beach. But to be honest - there were so many lovely places all around the North and South Pembrokeshire coast that it was all great. A lady at my agility club has been going to Newport for the last 20 years every year with her dogs and just loves the place.

Anne