UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Day Centres Rock.

Kathyw

Sod Ray, I think I'd like to go to those day centres, sounds like they have a hell of a lot more fun than I do! :laugh:

I was thinking the same. He has lovely meals there and although lots of the activities are suspended until september, he is enjoying what is on offer.

He watched them play bingo this afternoon - he doesn't like bingo (neither do I) but as Ray is a people watcher he enjoyed watching the others play.

No bowls at the vil but he is looking forward to that in september.

There is even transport if they want to be picked up and dropped off. :)

When I first met Ray and the many times I was in the same company before we really started seeing each other seriously, he always stood sort of apart and watched then every now and then would throw a remark in and have everyone in fits of laughter.

They also have 'reminiceses' (sic) onn fridays, I am glad I won;t be listening to all that. :laugh:

I worked in a day centre for years and loved it we used to have so much fun with the clients and some serious moments when they used to talk about their families and lives, it was fantastic, I left last may because I got more involved with dog rescue and it was taking up so much time, I do miss the clients, in fact I went on a pub lunch with them yesterday to catch up with them all.

In September they have all the activities and I foresee Ray going at least three times a week.

I am reluctant to make plans but I have a few...........

1. Haircut

2. Eyebrows

3. Massage and Reflexology - Sue comes to me for that but I can relax and enjoy it without the constant interuptions.

4. Meet with friends for lunch.

5. Shopping - not for food.

In September they have all the activities and I foresee Ray going at least three times a week.

I am reluctant to make plans but I have a few...........

1. Haircut

2. Eyebrows

3. Massage and Reflexology - Sue comes to me for that but I can relax and enjoy it without the constant interuptions.

4. Meet with friends for lunch.

5. Shopping - not for food.

It just gets better and more like school. :rolleyes:

Last night Ray said that the centre he went to are having a Fete on saturday - immediate thought was yippee I will have a few hours on saturday as well, bonus.

I said I don't think I will be able to stand/walk on poorly foot for the hour or so it would take.

He said No I don't want to go, I want to take some stuff for the Fete. :laugh:

So this morning he was looking for stuff to take and started on my boxes for charity. :unsure: He trotted off with two large bags with puzzles, games etc and his dinner money :rolleyes: looking very pleased with himself.

I closed the door after saying bye and was nearly peeing myself laughing - like school or nursery - next it will be an apple for the teacher. :laugh:

I am laughing but at the same time, delighted that for the first time in so long Ray has shown more than a passing interest in something.