UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Or B1tch

yena

Dog or B1tch  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know a lot of people like to have dogs and others like to have b1tches. Which one do you like? Does it make a difference if you are a man or a woman?

I've always been fond of girl dogs, OH is a man dog person. Out of all the dogs we've had 3 have been male and 5 have been female. But, even OH is changing his mind, he says it's all the weeing the male dogs do that's making him change. If Benji wee's Morgan has to wee in the same place two seconds later. Taking them out for a walk, I just can't believe how much wee they've got :ohmy: and now OH is walking them because I'm walking Tillee, he just can't cope with all the stopping and the weeing and weeing and weeing. :biggrin: :biggrin:

What are your reason for picking a certain s3x?

4 boy dogs... I guess that fairly representative of my preferences. :laugh:

No particular reason, I just seem to be more attracted to them than to bitches, but I wouldn't exclude having a bitch at some point in the future.

Vera

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted either. I have 2 male dogs and am down to 2 male cats at the moment. I have only ever had male dogs of my own (no reason, just that they needed homes when I was looking) and they have all been absolute darlings, although a bit dopey. I have fostered and looked after bitches and they have been just as lovely though. I would probably choose male cats over females as over the years I have fostered cats and my males have been far more accepting of the newcomers and generally more laid back than my females. My females have sprayed in the house but my boys never have. Love them all though.

I'm female (last time I checked) and have one bitch and four dogs. Give me a dog any time :wub:

My boys are much more cuddly and Milly is much more independent. Usually I have my four boys round me on the sofa at night and she is off in her own bed :rolleyes:

Edited by merledogs

All of mine like a cuddle. Sweetie was the only one that had her own armchair and didn't really snuggle, but I put that down to her being an independent creature for whatever reason, rather than being female. Cassie and M-M love cuddling as much as the boys :) My girls growing up were very affectionate too and shared my bed when I was home.

I'm female (last time I checked) and have one bitch and four dogs. Give me a dog any time :wub:

My boys are much more cuddly and Milly is much more independent. Usually I have my four boys round me on the sofa at night and she is off in her own bed :rolleyes:

Snap to everything.

I do prefer dogs (not very bright but more affectionate) but don't mind having just one bitch to keep them in order.

Pam

The stuff about males not being affectionate (something I was told years ago) is rubbish, my boys are complete cuddle monsters. I've found girls will pee on top of other dogs' pee too.

hmm - made me smile as had to extricate myself from Jed across lap (36kg) and Bo trying to muscle in on the act balancing on my arm so I could come up here and check on things...... Toastie was being sensible and lying on the floor.

Edited by buddyboy

I have two of each :) so I guess that means I don't care what sex, saying that tho, I would never ever get another male Leonberger :unsure: kai was a nightmare pup :( nightmare adolence :( and only now at 7 is turning into a normalish Dog :wacko:

:wub: him to bits but never again :laugh:

I have one of each (and another bitch belonging to my parents who, with our set up in our house is technically mine too) and I would have either again. MY experience prior to this was that boys were more cuddly and girls more independent but it's the complete reverse here. Whisper is the softest dog (bitch - gosh this is confusing) I have ever had the pleasure to know. She has to have a part of her touching you at all times - I always have a paw on my foot when i'm eating for example - and hobbes is independent and only wants fuss on his terms. Abby, my parent's dog, is as soft as anything too. Whisper is unusual for a bitch and a collie bitch to boot. Never known anything as 'pathetic' as her in my life! ;). Love them all. My short answer: if the dog is what I'm looking for, I'd have it regardless of sex, breed, size or colour!

I had only ever had male dogs but was advised to get a bitch as one of the males is very dominent, despite being neutered.Oddly enough she is a collie bitch and called Wisp or Whisper and she is so affectionate, she has to be near me at all times!

All the male dogs are affectionate as well but I have to admit to a special feeling for Wisp (probably because we girls need to stick together against the 4 men (3 dogs and 1 OH in the house!).

Im female and voted any as I have had both and LOVED them in so many different ways, Butch my first dog and my HEART was male and daft as a brush, such a character BUT Tasha female is 15 and my GIRL..she luffs her Mummy sooooooooo much and is SO loyal and gentle and WONDERFUL :wub: I wouls like a male black greyhound though :wub: oldie preferably :D

I had only ever had male dogs but was advised to get a bitch as one of the males is very dominent, despite being neutered.Oddly enough she is a collie bitch and called Wisp or Whisper and she is so affectionate, she has to be near me at all times!

All the male dogs are affectionate as well but I have to admit to a special feeling for Wisp (probably because we girls need to stick together against the 4 men (3 dogs and 1 OH in the house!).

How coincidental! Whisper is Wisp here, or Whispitt or Misfit. IS your red and white per chance and ever so slightly cross eyed? And generally a bit 'odd'? Mine is my baby. I adore her and she is like my shadow. I love both my dogs but it feels so good having this shadow who clearly adores me. Maybe it is the woman to woman thing! :)

My boy is my tough little tiger though. God, is it wrong to love them so much sometimes, you want to squeeze them a little too hard?

As a child I always grew up with bitches. When I moved out my first dog was a bitch :wacko: :)

Now I have a dog and a bitch. Lucy like to be close by, where as Blue will often be in the other room. But both are affectionate in their own ways. I never go by the sex of a dog, more whether they choose me and will fit in with my lifestyle.

I have 2 bitches and 1 dog. :rolleyes:

We always had bitches when growing up and that's what I got when I had the chance to choose for myself. When I got my third (Glen) I think it worked more easily as a boy 'cos of Tia (stroppy mare) but have struggled at times with the differences. :wacko: I'd say he is 'softer' than the girls but they are all v affectionate, Tia likes to pee over Keira's but Glen wants to pee over both lots :rolleyes: I don't allow Glen to stop and pee all the time when we are out and the big thing that annoys me at dog shows is when people allow their male dogs to pee up car wheels and most of all, narrow passgeways between fields :angry: it stinks!!!!

I have two dogs and three bitches here, so no particular preference!

If I had a single dog I wouldn't care which it was. In a multi dog household, though, I like to have a mixture, I think it makes for a more balanced and relaxed 'pack'.

I feel I'd be pushing my luck with five dogs of all one sex getting on together as easily as my current lot do - though it obviously depends on the individual dogs, some people seem to have same-sex groups with no problems.

How coincidental! Whisper is Wisp here, or Whispitt or Misfit. IS your red and white per chance and ever so slightly cross eyed? And generally a bit 'odd'? Mine is my baby. I adore her and she is like my shadow. I love both my dogs but it feels so good having this shadow who clearly adores me. Maybe it is the woman to woman thing! :)

My boy is my tough little tiger though. God, is it wrong to love them so much sometimes, you want to squeeze them a little too hard?

My Wisp is a tricolour border collie. But she is my shadow, has to be near me with a paw or head on my feet. She has a habit of getting onto my lap and putting her head under my chin and snuggling in. I love it!! Im quite jealous of you, I love red and white dogs!