UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Agility Ponderings

kirisox

You are not allowed to carry anything in the ring be it toy or treat. Some of the unaffliated shows may let you train in the ring but you definatley wont be able to at a KC show.

Don't worry though you'll be fine.

Thanks I did think as much! Oh well we are a while off entering yet so I'll ask Peter how to start fazing it out soon.

Enzo - would that be Sarah`s beautiful properly tailed Weimi boy ?

nope, Enzo is a lovely nearly one year old yellow lab boy :)

I live in Denmark, so I doubt you'd know any of the dogs in Indys agility class :laugh:

thanks for the reassurance. I did get praise once last night, a "that's exactly how to do it" wich made me a bit proud, but then Indy ran off to munch something someone had dropped and my feet were back on the ground :happy:

Guest patch
nope, Enzo is a lovely nearly one year old yellow lab boy :)

I live in Denmark, so I doubt you'd know any of the dogs in Indys agility class :laugh:

thanks for the reassurance. I did get praise once last night, a "that's exactly how to do it" wich made me a bit proud, but then Indy ran off to munch something someone had dropped and my feet were back on the ground :happy:

Ah no definately not the same Enzo then :laugh:

[ Weimi Enzo has recently started doing agility hence me wondering if he was the same dog :) ]

Well done for the bit which got you the praise, you`ll get more and more of that I`m sure :biggrin:

To answer my own ponder (sad I know!) Rosie remembered perfectly what to do when her classes restarted. She almost had me off my feet in her eagerness to get over the first jump with about 4' clearance. I need to work on being able to slow her down and keep her attention now!

questions for the instructors here:

at Indys class where we have now been 3 times, we have still only done jumps (ground height) and the tunnel. When can I expect ot be trying something new? It's not cos Indy is thick , it's all of us who only have done that :laugh: Indy is actually quite good, as are most of the others. I understand that the dogs need to learn one thing properly before moving on, and also most of the other dogs are only just aorund a year old, some a bit younger some older... maybe that has something to do with it as well?

I would like to hear what order you teach the different things in, and what methods you use etc. :)