UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Advice From Those Who Have Torn Ligaments Please.

Kathyw

And it is very welcome, Thank you.

Some good news.

The Heath lends out buggys, motorised wheelchair/scooter type things. Free of charge for a couple of hours, you just have to book them and I just found out I am eligible to use one.

They meet you at the car park with them so the dogs can have their exercise on the Heath and I can rest my foot - please don't anyone say I can't do it - I won't if you say it's not a good idea but at the moment I cannot see any problems with it.

And it is very welcome, Thank you.

Some good news.

The Heath lends out buggys, motorised wheelchair/scooter type things. Free of charge for a couple of hours, you just have to book them and I just found out I am eligible to use one.

They meet you at the car park with them so the dogs can have their exercise on the Heath and I can rest my foot - please don't anyone say I can't do it - I won't if you say it's not a good idea but at the moment I cannot see any problems with it.

You'll be ok if you remember your "L" plates!! :D :flowers:

You'll be ok if you remember your "L" plates!! :D :flowers:

And I hope it's got a proper toot! :unsure: :laugh:

Seriously though, I was once nearly run over by one of them things! It was on the pavement of a busy street so I didn't hear him coming and the guy seemed to think that he had right of way (even if you didn't know he was there!) because he was disabled :rolleyes: Wasn't amused when I told him I was sorry that he was disabled but it surely wouldn't help him if he'd make me disabled too! :ohmy:

I'm sure you're way more sensible though Kathy :wink:

Hope it gets better as soon as poss Kathy. I don't have torn ligaments. I just have sprained ones. Six weeks on and I'm still wearing a bandage. I'm bored not being able to exercise, so I imagine you must be really bored not even able to walk about very well :hug:

And I hope it's got a proper toot! :unsure: :laugh:

Seriously though, I was once nearly run over by one of them things! It was on the pavement of a busy street so I didn't hear him coming and the guy seemed to think that he had right of way (even if you didn't know he was there!) because he was disabled :rolleyes: Wasn't amused when I told him I was sorry that he was disabled but it surely wouldn't help him if he'd make me disabled too! :ohmy:

I'm sure you're way more sensible though Kathy :wink:

We have or rather had one like that up and down out street and round the corners at speed regardless of who was on the pavement.

Then one day I had Grip in her wheels and he expected me to go into the main road with her to allow him enough room to speed pass. He could have managed easily going slow but he wanted to go fast. I told him what I thought of him and said that we (neighbours) were sick and tired of nearly being run over by him and if he didn't slow down I would report him. he became abusive.

I could have saved my breathe as he was also hated by the Mum's at the nearby school after many near misses and just after my row with him the boycotted the corner and refused to let him speed round it. He stopped coming this way ever again.

The cart things on the Heath are very slow and I have to watch the doglets, not just mine. I will leave it till a weekday when it is quieter and you don't get all the weekend joggers and speed freaks on bikes.I am excited by the idea of being out with the dogs on the Heath again. Easily pleased these days.

I am very tired and want to go to bed but foot is hurting and will keep me awake so I shall wait for the pain to fade and then bye byes.

Abigail - bored like a bored thing.

They have those at our local forest (Ashridge) and I always borrow one if we go there. It means the dogs can have a good long walk without me collapsing half way. The only embarassing thing is that I am in the buggy and my 84 year old mum runs with the kids and dogs. :rolleyes: Go for it Kathy, it gives you a great freedom if you are not able to walk. :GroupHug: ftom me x

Ray has got bored with playing nursey and it is making things harder.

Last night he went to bed leaving me to do the night snack/wees etc. By the time I had finished my foot was hurting too much for sleep.

This morning he went shopping without giving dogs their breakfast.

I do this usually without any hassle but this morning it was hard work as Elsa and CB have their in the kitchen, the Daccies in the hallway and Himself here - they would nick each others food if not seperated.

What is annoying me is he keeps saying 'if you don''t rest that foot and keep getting up it will never heal', but if I don't get up and ask him instead he moans. ffs

He just had to go back up to M&S as he forgot Mum's dinners. He had a list but didn't bother to read it.

I took a pair of my crocs for Mum as she sometimes wees over her slippers and then they have to be washed (she has three pairs) all closed in and not very nice. Her sandles no longer fit because one foot is swollen. :(

She drove me mad about them and so I took them up. I was very worried in case she fell over in them but because they do not slide along the floor, Mum has to pick her feet up and staff say this is good for her. Mum wants yellow ones. :rolleyes:

Anyway I showed her my foot again - black,blue and yellow but hardley swollen now - 'You need to wash your feet dear' they are filthy' says Mum. :laugh:

I used a shopping trolley to take Mum's stuff and found it easier than the crutch to walk with. Far less strain, it seemed to me, on my poorly footy.