UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Breaking News - Rottie Attack Appeal Today

Rumpole

some of you may remember an incident in sheffield on new years eve where a child was allegedly bitten at a party by Bully a rottweiler, the resulting court case led to a destruction order being placed on Bully despite his owners pleas that the incident was an accident caused by bullys claw and not a deliberate or aggressive bite.

The case went to appeal today in Sheffield Crown Court were it was accepted that this was indeed an accident and that bully was not dangerous and that no proof had been put forward that he was.

His death sentence has been lifted and bully is currently being collected by his delighted owners, a big thanks to Pam Rose and Lara Smith who acted in defence of Bully and to Kendal Shepherd, Mike Mullen and Ryan O Meara who attended as expert witnesses,

this should not detract from the obvious pain and upset that the little girl chloe grayson must have gone through but any dog can be clumsy and make a mistake and should not lose its life for an accident

WELCOME HOME BULLY

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELCOME HOME BULLY

Indeed! :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Bully's family must be hugely relieved.

I am very sorry if the little girl was hurt, but goodness, what sort of country are we in where someone appeals for a dog to be killed over being clawed by accident, while people get away with doing all sorts of dreadful things. You would have hoped common sense would have prevailed sooner than it did. I also wonder if another breed, that wasn't being demonised in the media, had been involved, if the case would have even started in the first place.

Wishing Bully and his family many more happy years together :flowers: and a big well done to everyone involved in gaining Bully's freedom.

thats fantastic news, i'm glad that someone finally saw sense and saw the incident for what it was, i hope that bully hasnt been too traumatised by what hes been needlessly put through. its a shame that it took so long for someone to decipher the difference between a injury from a bite and a injury from a claw

Thats fantastic, hope Bully is enjoying a return to normal life. :)

I don't understand how the dog was ordered to be destroyed in the first pace, if it was on private property :unsure:

I wonder if the owners are still on speaking terms with whoever complained ?..........I know I wouldn't be.

they were charged under the 1871 dogs act which is civil and includes private property, the poor owner attended his first hearing to ask for an adjournment as he had no legal representation this was refused and he was forced to defend himself.

I doubt the appeal decision has been well accepted tbh but there were a large number of inconsistances in this case.

Any one of us could be placed in the same position

it makes you think :( especially as the chief prosecution witness was a Rescue representative with no training nor behavioural background and who advised that bully be put down despite neither being present when the incident took place nor ever having met the dog let alone assessed temperament and who attempted to rubbish the comprehensive assessments that had been undertaken by qualified and eminent behavioural professionals.

There are two sides to every story maybe this is something she should bear in mind in the future (not someone from refuge)

they were charged under the 1871 dogs act which is civil and includes private property, the poor owner attended his first hearing to ask for an adjournment as he had no legal representation this was refused and he was forced to defend himself.

I doubt the appeal decision has been well accepted tbh but there were a large number of inconsistances in this case.

it makes you think :( especially as the chief prosecution witness was a Rescue representative with no training nor behavioural background and who advised that bully be put down despite neither being present when the incident took place nor ever having met the dog let alone assessed temperament and who attempted to rubbish the comprehensive assessments that had been undertaken by qualified and eminent behavioural professionals.

There are two sides to every story maybe this is something she should bear in mind in the future (not someone from refuge)

Thanks for clearing that up :flowers:

It certainly does make you think, from what you've said it appears to me this person was just hell bent on seeing the dog dead :(

a rescue rep......shocking!