UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Am Livid

one.eyed.dog

I live in a council house. They decided in their wisedom to redo the houses. New kitchen, bathroom, toilet etc. I was told as long as I covered my stuff up to stop the dust that my furniture would not need to be moved.

The hospital told me to rest. I came home to this. My bedroom.

P1030252.jpg

P1030253.jpg

P1030254.jpg

P1030255.jpg

P1030256.jpg

P1030257.jpg

My TV, video and DVD player looked like they had just been chucked on the bed. The DVD player was on it's side on the floor like it had fallen there. The wired looked like they were ripped out as the stuff was moved. I am hoping nothing is damaged.

There will be a strong letter of complaint going in as I would have moved them if I had been told what was going to happen.

I am supposed to be resting as I have concussion.

Needless to say. I have moved into Doglets in the day time. Lottie has been here anyway while I was at work.

Not even supposed to be on the computer, watching TV or reading as I have swelling in my brain. Just needed a rant.

Oh that's disgraceful. what a shock to come home to.

A very strong letter of complaint would be on it's way.

I would phone the council and tell them what happened and what the docs told you and ask for someone to come and clear the mess up. The last thing you should be doing is bending down.

Please take care. :GroupHug: :flowers:

:GroupHug: to you, this is awful i hope your feeling better soon............they've just done our kitchen and bathroom and i think you got away quite lightly, they damaged our cars let our dogs out to roam free with the traffic, left us with no running water even though we were told this wouldnt happen as we had a special needs child, rummaged through our garage and helped them selves to wood stoved in the door of the diswasher scratched the laminate flooring that wasnt warped by the flood they left us with, severely damaged my wooden dining table and cut up a custom made panel to put under the washing machine, the list is endless, and we complained to the council and the site manager and naff all has been done, not even a apology so you have my sympathy, if you manage to get more than a apology please let me know your secret, because i'm at my wits end here

• 2 weeks later...

I manage properties - If I did that to a property in my charge I would expect that my staff and I would be looking for another job upon discovery of that little lot. Take advice and whatever action is recommended. I would say that your carpet will take some relaying and may even be beyond redemption - a claim for damage to that and other items might well be warranted. Leaving floor boards up is dangerous even with residents who are 100% fit!

Have to say that I am surprised that the contractors accepted the work given that no-one was present and items of value were left accessible and possibly not adequately protected from damage. There is absolutley nothing to prove that items have gone missing during the works :(

Good luck