UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nettle Soup

one.eyed.dog

My pal said she had some nettle soup and it was really nice. As there are loads about at the moment I thought I'd have a go at making some. Free food.

Any one on here had it? Or better still, got a recipe. I reckon I could work it out for myself as I am good at soup. I'm just not sure if you use just the leaves or the stalks as well.

Hi Ellie,

I have made nettle soup, i just googled a recipe off the internet, it is quite strong tasting though (well mine was :unsure: ) but is soooooo good for you.

I also saute them. Just put them in a pan with some olive oil and garlic for a few minutes. Or with ginger and lemon. They wilt really quickly to nothing though so pick lots, and try and get the more tender baby leaves at the top. :)

Oh, and they don't sting once they are cooked!

Fiona

I pick young nettle heads (about a month ago was best time) and liquidise them raw and then freeze them in ice cube trays. I can then defrost a few at a time for Josh to mix in with his food. He doesnt have them every day, but a few times a week. Nettle is good for the blood apparently.

No recipe for soup though sorry :)