UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Day I Took Mark And Rani For A Walk

in April I went back to Sri Lanka for a month and Mark came out to join me for the last week

this gave me the opportunity to take Mark out for a walk

On Rani :wub:

first I needed a Rani ( excuse the shocking state of me this was about 6 am )

DSCF2659.jpg

can't remember what we were doing at this point but I had asked her to stop ( can't remember why either ) and we were having a chat about something

DSCF2660.jpg

then I needed a Mark , it has to be said this Mark was suddenly regretting agreeing to be my guinea pig ( first time I had walked her whilst she was carrying someone )

yes Mark she is 9 foot tall

DSCF2665.jpg

its just like riding a horse ( okay a 9 foot horse )

DSCF2666.jpg

stopping for a pose

DSCF2679.jpg

back off again

DSCF2680.jpg

after its all over Mark has a cuddle with Rani

DSCF2694.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCF2660.jpg

:mecry: look at Ranis face. There is definate emotional communcation there....... :wub: Looks like love to me.

Sam, what colour eyes does Rani have, they look very pretty. :wub: I want an :elefant: to look at me like that :love:

Edited by safneo

I was just a tad worried, it is bloody high sitting up there :)

There is I have to say something quite amazing about Rani, I dont know what it is but there is a look in her eyes.

There is also something quite amazing about her relationship with Sam and how she accepts the commands she is given, it is unusual to say the least. Even Dr D (the big vet man at the University (who knows Rani) says there is something special and unusual between the pair of them.

Its that unusual thing that prompted Sandith (owner of MEF) to get Sam to do some work with Rani (volunteers do not get to do those things with the elephants).

One other thing almost an RMF in fact, we had new wedding rings made whilst we were out there. They are silver with strands of Rani tail hair inset into them, and they are rather nice :)

Edited by Hollysdad

One other thing almost an RMF in fact, we had new wedding rings made whilst we were out there. They are silver with strands of Rani tail hair inset into them, and they are rather nice :)

Oh my goodness, that just made me :crying_anim: That is quite wonderful. :wub:

Oh my goodness, that just made me :crying_anim: That is quite wonderful. :wub:

Me too, there was something so touching about the wedding rings.

I never really thought about how you'd go about getting on an elephant, that really is some mounting block!

Sam, the photos are lovely and Rani really does have something very special about her, love the one of you two having a chat. :wub:

Beautiful pictures! :wub:

Love the new hair btw, last pic of you I saw it was longer I think ?

I was gonna say that too :)

we had new wedding rings made whilst we were out there. They are silver with strands of Rani tail hair inset into them, and they are rather nice :)

that is so special :wub:

Me too, there was something so touching about the wedding rings.

I never really thought about how you'd go about getting on an elephant, that really is some mounting block!

Sam, the photos are lovely and Rani really does have something very special about her, love the one of you two having a chat. :wub:

Sums up nicely what I was thinking! :) I think you can tell from the photo that there is a special bond between you and Rani, Sam :wub:

Wonderful pics Sam :wub:

Happy Little Green Mahout Squirrel :speak_cool:

You have such an amazing relationship with Rani, so few people will ever be as privileged as you are, to have done the things that you have.

I meant to ask (sorry if you have already said) did Mark get his elephant shower from Rani in the end?

How did Rani come to be at MEF?

Marion

Marion, I hope Sam won't mind me giving you a quick answer while she is busy playing with trains, cranes and escalators :rolleyes: :laugh:

Here is some info about Rani and the other elephants from the MEF website:

http://www.eureka.lk/elefound/