UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

8 More Fosters

KathyM

Eight new fosters are here to be beefed up and shipped out to new loving homes. All are a bit skinny and tatty, but all have the most gorgeous temperaments. :wub:

We'll start with the boys.

These first two are probably 5 months old ish. They're not little babies but they're not big adult squishers either. They are the most laid back of the lot, really solid personalities (black hoody especially).

300508blackhoody1.jpg

Black hoody (with complementary kissy spots on his tum)

300508minkboy1.jpg

Mink hoody/berkshire/somewhere in between. Big boggly eyes this one!

Then we have the tidgers, probably 12 weeks old, but the size of good sized 8 week olds.

300508cinnamonberky.jpg

Cinnamon berkshire

300508oddbod1.jpg

Oddbod (Sarah if you read this, he's another Oberon! Two in a million!). Probably a "bad" cinnamon or russian blue agouti essex. Seriously weird colouring, madly friendly temperament. A rescuer's dream!

Then we have the girls:

290508blackberkydoe.jpg

Black/chocolate berkshire dumbo girly. Out of the girls, this lass is the soppiest (they are all soppy, but this one collapses in your hand like a potato in a sock *lol*). The picture doesn't do her justice, she is possibly the prettiest doe ever born (don't tell my girls that).

300508rescuevaridoe1.jpg

This is Spotty Woman, a black variegated dumbo doe, probably sister to above.

300508siamesehoodydoe.jpg

This little girl is the smaller of the three. She is a siamese hooded dumbo. She is slightly shyer than the other two, but not in a twitchy or nervous way. I think her sight might be slightly poorer that's all, as she headweaves a bit (very common in red eyed rats and nothing to worry about). Absolutely stunningly gorgeous. Pic is a bit overflashed, she has ears like chocolate buttons. :wub:

OK so you may have noticed I've only posted 7 so far. Well that's because although 8 arrived as fosters, one little poorly (hollow and underfed) tidger got pushed out and is staying here (once quarantined he will be introduced to my other boys).

So I'll introduce my keeper, Keith Lemon:

290508keith.jpg

Oh they are gorjuss :wub: :wub:

I would so love a few rats, I've never kept them before but am very drawn to them. However my two are typical terriers and they would have them at the first chance :( I don't think the cats would be very nice to them either :(

Good luck with them Kathy, they are in good hands now :flowers:

Marion

Thanks Marion! You're more than welcome to visit any time you like, and to be honorary Aunty Marion to any here. :GroupHug:

All of these lot have settled in really well. They've been spruced up a bit with a good clean and a nail clipping (and some Ivermec), so now it's just a case of letting a decent diet do its work. It's amazing how quickly rats can gain condition and weight, so I'm hopeful they will be ready for homing very soon.

I have put them on the rehoming board for people to see and reserve. :wink: :wub:

*Flings more rats at Ally*

:laugh:

Just a quick warning to anyone considering getting in touch - I'm going to be AWOL til the weekend because of big exams tomorrow and Friday (and one lesser one next week). None of the rats are ready to home anyway so don't panic!

On the plus side they're all coming on a treat - they'll need another couple of weeks of "quarantine" but they'll make wonderful pets. Gorgeous, the lot of them (I only wish they could *all* stay!).

See you all soon xxx

Thanks! Might need it as we've not had one enquiry so far, which is surprising considering how friendly and pretty they are!

Pics of the boys:

070608elchuffindiablo1.jpg

It's El Chuffing Diablo!

070608elchuffindiablo2.jpg

Rendered harmless by Connie (and showing off his lovely kissy spots).

070608sam1.jpg

Sam

070608sock1.jpg

Sock

070608sock2.jpg

Sock again

070608ben1.jpg

Ben

070608ben2.jpg

Ben again

Yes, we have a bit of a Reaper theme going on (will come back with pics of Gladys, Andi and Cady).

LOl it does a bit dunnit? :laugh:

Just thought I'd add that the pics are deceiving - Sock and Ben are both young (prolly 12 weeks ish) and would intro well to other rats - neither have bolshy personalities and they're both soft lickle bubs basically. Sam and Diablo/whatever his name is may need longer intros being a little older, but they're on hold here for a little while longer than the bubs as we have a couple of options for them that I'm waiting to decide on. Or should I say Connie and Lisa and Diablo/Devil/Jerry are waiting to decide on. :rolleyes:

Girls will be ready for new homes in a week (as will Sock and Ben). Off to get their pics now.

Edited by KathyM

As predicted, Diablo and Sam are no longer looking for a home. Diablo is a complete charmer with people but he's kicked his brothers' butts once too often and will be having his mancushions removed and then staying here with Nelly and her sisters and daughters (I can't risk rehoming him for him to bounce). Sam will be introduced to Aunty Lisa's baby boys so he can come out of his shell more as currently he's feeling a bit victimised!

The girls have had no interest at all which is really surprising considering they're all dumblets! I have far too many dumblets, someone else needs some!

I'm overwhelmed by the response :laugh: :laugh:

No interest at all in the girls, can't understand it at all - the two young boys seem to be stirring up a lot though (maybe because of Oddbod's markings). Dumbo girls not getting offers of homes? It's unheard of! To be honest, it's all good for me as I get to cuddle them for longer - these are the sweetest rescues we've had here yet (don't tell the others).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! :flowers:

The girls are going off to a new home today, and the young boys are going off on Monday. "Diablo" (who really needs a better name, I'll work on that) and Sam are staying here until Diablo is neutered and they are found another home/s.