UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rhodesian Ridgebacks - An Aggressive Breed ?

summersun

I fancy myself as a behviourist too even tho i have no qualifactions so while i go off and find an obscure book to plagarise, for now i will say that the ridge deffinately keeps the dog well balanced unless its wonky and thats what makes the dogs behavious wonky too. Ive seen it once on a RR that was 600m across a field so i must be right :D

Ah that explains it.. OB has a wonky ridge so thats why his behaviour is outragiously soppily, stupidly wonky.. of course! :laugh:

Nice ridge Di :wink:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have however been bitten by several shih-tsus, a westie, a couple of yorkies and on sunday did a great impression of an irish dance/lord of the dance routine as a Lhassa went all out to eat my ankles :laugh:

997402.png :laugh:

There's a ridgeback in Beverley who wanders in the pub & is anything but aggressive, tends to shy away from people if anything

Edited by Ian

i've worked in kennels too, have been badly bitten by a great dane, and a gsd..to be fair the gsd was totally my fault,..but others that have attacked as in come to me to have a chomp on me..lhasa's,jack russel, basset hound...maybe i just taste good..:-)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been bitten by a red setter, a dobe and a jack russel. All my own fault really, red setter was in a off licence I worked in and two men came in at closing time, the dog was loose, I grabbed his collar because he did go off at people coming in shop and he turned on me...

Dobe was fighting with my dog, I got hold of dobes collar and he got my thumb

Jack russel was running riot in kennels my friend owned and I picked him up and got nipped as a result.

Note to myself, dont get involved, let em sort it out themselves

I have Never been bit by a gsd, a staffie, a rottie, or a RR--- :)