UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Back From Holiday

staffymad

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been for his first injection and he 'took it like a man' :laugh: This is a 4 week/4 injection course and can only be repeated every 6 months, so if this doesn't do the trick, we are at the end.

My friend's rottie has these injections, he does really well on them and has been having them every six months or so for quite a while now :flowers: Would Snatch do hydrotherapy :)

I hope they help Snatch :flowers: If they are cartrophen injections kenza has done very well on them

They are, thank god someone remembered the name :rolleyes: It is great to hear someone has good experiences with this.

My friend's rottie has these injections, he does really well on them and has been having them every six months or so for quite a while now :flowers: Would Snatch do hydrotherapy :)

Thanks Jo. Not sure if he would do hydro, he is the first in at the beach but staffies are not known to be good swimmers. :laugh:

So sory to hear Snatch's arthritis has worsened, it must have given you an awful shock to, fingers crossed and all the positive thoughts I can muster for him, trally hope the injections do some good.

Hugs for you to.

• 2 weeks later...

Just catching up with the threads.... I still have the magnetic pulse therapy box that helped Jake with his arthritis.... Have to go to a meeting in Cardiff on Thursday so if you want I can get it to Lynne's (if I am very nice and buy colleague who is driving lots of sweeties) so you can try it..... Put it under his bed and turn it on - in theory about half an hour on setting 6 but I just left it on over night for Jake. It worked wonders for him (which is why I paid out a couple of hundred ££ for it!!!) but hasn;t worked for some other dogs who have tried it. If you want me to drop it off let me know.

(ps thought it was almost the end for Jake as I had to carry him a lot when we were in Yorkshire, then friend suggested "Put him in the box" - had horrible thoughts what he meant till he showed me - lots of trainers use it for greyhounds... anyway, after the first 1/2 hour treatment I thought I was imagining things as Jake seemed to walk more easily, after the 2nd 1/2 hour treatment someone else commented on it, after the 3rd 1/2 hour treatment the little monster was chasing cows on the cliffs when we went to Devon!!)

Cindy, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles both trying to get home and with Snatch. If the injections are Catrophen they are very good, I first used them on my first dog Stitch about 15 years ago and they really helped him. Barty had a course recently (which I had to give him !!!! as I was in France) and it has really helped his spondylosis in his back.

Now, several other things you can try - homeopathically there is RRA - Ruta Grav, Rhus Tox and Arnica - all of which will help arthritis. Alternatively there is a wonderful mixture remedy called Osteoheel which my old vet used to use. None of these will hurt with his other health issues and can be safely given.

Can you give him a good glucosamine supplement - like Synflex or Cortaflex - these also help very well with arthritis. On the herbal front (and these you would need to check out with your vet as to whether you can give these with his other medications) are Devil's Claw, White Willow Bark, Yucca and Bromelain (Bromelain needs to be given away from food or it just acts as digestive aid rather than a pain reliever). These are all good for relieving pain.

Finally - acupuncture. This is fantastic for relieving the pain of arthritis and if you have dog insurance is covered by most in their policies.

As you can tell, I am a bit of a nut about natural healing - my dog Barty has no hip sockets, a bulging disc and spondylosis further up his spine and his condition is completely managed naturally - he had a course of Cartrophen in March, has acupuncture every 2/3 weeks and IF he needs anything else I use Devil's Claw. Very occasionally if he has gone completely loopy - and he is a young lurcher - then I use the PLT tablets I keep for extreme use. Barty is 5 and most allopathic vets would have had him on metacam or Rimadyl since he was5 months old. I can assure you he isn't in any pain and bounces around like a loopy fruitcake.

Anne (from soggy France)