UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Locked Myself Out

Guest owl2

Guest owl2

Hi people, it's owl here pretending to be a guest because I shut myself out.

My faithful old laptop which has never gone wrong in 5 years has now done so and is off to be looked at today. I am using for the first time a new laptop which belonged to patchwork cat. All my passwords are on mine, there is loads of other info like people's numbers and addresses as well, and that is duplicated to my Blackberry which by strange coincidence went kaput late last night :wacko:

I need my Refuge password, but if it goes to my email address it will reach my dead computer. I haven't worked out how to get webmail yet, can't remember my password for that either :mecry:

Lesley Trallwm will be looking at the new laptop this afternoon and hopefully setting it up to get my mail, but for now please can someone be very kind and send a password for owl to the email address for patchwork cat? I will keep his address running anyway as well as mine, in case of any mail arriving for him.

Thank you :flowers:

Guest owl2

Sorry snow, no email received, but I suspect PC may not have updated it on his details. The old one was a virgin.net address, the new one is xxxxxxx

Please would you send again and then delete his address from this posting? Thanks.

Dibs has also set up my email account on his laptop, but I can't get my mail as I don't know my password. PC wrote all the passwords down on a piece of paper which I may or may not find. I may need to phone my ISP. We may be stuck for help until after the holiday weekend.

Meanwhile, my own ancient laptop is at puter hospital. Preliminary diagnosis suggests that it may be a minor and easily repairable problem. Not only that, but this workshop does Blackberries and if mine is dead they have a number of 2nd hand ones. So things are looking up!