UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Any Word Experts Out There?

Rileyroo

I'm putting together a form that most people will fill in on their PC and then email back.

I'd really like to organise it so that when they type on the _________ that indicate where to answer that the _______ disappear as they type, rather than simply extending out and messing up the formatting.

Does that make sense? Can anyone help?

:flowers:

I'm putting together a form that most people will fill in on their PC and then email back.

I'd really like to organise it so that when they type on the _________ that indicate where to answer that the _______ disappear as they type, rather than simply extending out and messing up the formatting.

Does that make sense? Can anyone help?

Not a Word expert but when I have done something like this I do it in table form so that the _____ remains but the type just appears above it, rather than shoving the lines along. It keeps the layout nice and tidy too and you just need to remove the lines on the table that you don't need.

if you press insert before typing the ______ then when typing in the answer it should go over it, but it will type over words after the ______ so if their answer is long it could type over the next word ... hope that makes sense!!! :flowers:

I don't know how your form is but

there is a forms toolbar that will give you the option for fields to fill in, or boxes to cross or drop down fields.

Once you have completed the form you protect it and then they only fill in the correct areas. This isn't as hard as it sounds - PM me if you would like some more instructions!!