UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Reiki 1

chasta

Ive been pondering on doing a Reiki 1 course for a long time but its never felt to be the right time if you know what I mean. Well, now I get the feeling the time is right and am going to start looking for a course.

Soo... to make sure I find the right one for me what type of questions should I be asking before I commit myself (and my money)

Hi Chasta,

Let your intuition guide you. You will most probably be drawn to one particular Master, but try and speak to a few to see who feels right for you. :flowers:

Ask what style of Reiki they do, there are now many different branches of reiki if you like such as Western Reiki, Jikiden Reiki, Celtic Reiki, Dolphin Reiki, Rainbow Reiki etc. the list is becoming endless. Also ask about their reiki lineage. They should be able to trace their lineage back to Mikao Usui. Do a bit of research into each type until you to find one that you feel suits you. Again, let your intuition guide you.

The fact that it know feels like the right time means you are already being guided.

I would also suggest going for a treatment with the master you have chosen. This will give you the chance to speak to them about any issues or questions you may have.

Another important thing to check is the 'after course' support (which should be provided). Many people find being attuned to reiki a life changing experience which throws up many questions.

Hope this helps.

I am sure there will be others here who can offer you some advice. I think there are quite a few reiki practitioners on the refuge.

Edited by Careli

There are a lot of con artists and bull sh*tters out in the market so do be careful. If possible get a recommendation from other people who've had successful attunements, look at the lineage and whether they are traditional or 'non traditional' (avoid non-traditional like the plague as it usually means that they don't have any lineage and are just making it up as they go along). Be wary of anyone who says they can do distance attunements, make sure your course takes at *least* a whole weekend.

I've had quite a lot of experience with scammers and such in my line of work :wacko:

Edited by MissMagic

Sorry Chasta, I meant to reply sooner :flowers:

Above advice is good - although I did originally have distant attunements. I am 100% sure that they were fine, but opted to have attunements with a local Reiki teacher because of how some others perceive distant attunements.

I started off by doing a short animal healing course (which wasn't Reiki but I adapted the way things were taught to suit my own beliefs/non beliefs and this transpired to be a similar train of thought to Reiki) and then met someone online who introduced me to Reiki. They turned out to live about five minutes walk from me and I went on to be attuned by their Reiki teacher. I went to a Reiki share a way before I was attuned - lots of Reiki teachers offer these - basically where people meet up and give each other (and others) Reiki - so you might find someone in your area offering those.

I think it's important to feel comfortable with your teacher, as you would want to for anything else. Aside from the personal recommendation, mine loved animals too and had a dog and various cats, which just made the experience that much nicer for me. I have since sent a couple of people her way and they have been very happy too (unfortunately she's nowhere near you).

There's the UK Reiki Federation which lists practitioners and teachers so that could be a start if you don't know anyone locally to be recommended, but it's not an exhaustive list and I wouldn't write off anyone not listed by any means :flowers:

Reiki is probably the best thing "I ever did" along with meeting Rob and adopting the dogs - I hope it proves to be the same for you :)

I don't Reiki 1 and 2 with a Reiki Master, both were weekend courses but the rest I done by distance.

What I have found sometime after doing Reiki 2 I changed and the way I was doing Reiki also changed. This change had nothing to do with me, it started to develop me a lot more and is still doing it. I have had several mind blowing experiences with Reiki.

I did my reiki 1 through Reiki Evolution and would definately recommend them, they have master teachers over the country, so you can choose one close to you.

Take a look

Reiki Evolution

:flowers:

I did my Reiki 2nd Degree with Reiki Evolution. My Reiki Master is Tina Shaw. She is lovely. I found them extremely good. Excellent follow up support as well.