UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Any Medical People ?

ranirottie

after my car accident I have been left with two tender lumps, one on my shin bone and one on my forearm. They are surrounded by a bruise like darkening of the skin but as its weeks now since the accident is obviously not a bruise.The doc says he thinks its necrotic fat. He says everyone has a layer of fat under their skin (me more than most) and if you hit it hard enough it dies and can take up to a year to disperse. As they are quite irritating and hurt to touch or catch on anything I was wondering if anyone else has heard of or had any experience of this? x

after my car accident I have been left with two tender lumps, one on my shin bone and one on my forearm. They are surrounded by a bruise like darkening of the skin but as its weeks now since the accident is obviously not a bruise.The doc says he thinks its necrotic fat. He says everyone has a layer of fat under their skin (me more than most) and if you hit it hard enough it dies and can take up to a year to disperse. As they are quite irritating and hurt to touch or catch on anything I was wondering if anyone else has heard of or had any experience of this? x

i can vouch for that....I fell over a guy rope at a country show (sober) and hit my shin on the metal stake....I was 3 years before that lump disappeared still tender to this day.

I got a similar lump when getting out of the car in too much of a hurry. I had a white lump on my leg for about a year, then it started to look a bit bruised and now it's almost gone. I think its been 2 or 3 years in total, which is a bit of long time but it does eventually get better honest!

Hope your lumps at least stop hurting soon.

Yep I'm another who can empathise when I had my fall last year I too have been left with a very tender lump on my shin, but I did manage to disperse the black bit with regular applications of arnica cream - it doesn't happen overnight but it does eventually start to get less and less visible and the massaging in of the cream also helped the area to feel less tender.

could they be haematomas? basically a bad bruise where the tiny blood vessels under the skin leak blood which collects under the skin and then clots so a clot sits under the skin. the clot cannot move anywhere or cause any harm but can be painful and takes a few months usually for the skin to reabsorb the blood.

could they be haematomas? basically a bad bruise where the tiny blood vessels under the skin leak blood which collects under the skin and then clots so a clot sits under the skin. the clot cannot move anywhere or cause any harm but can be painful and takes a few months usually for the skin to reabsorb the blood.

You got it in one....can take years to absorb hence the arnica cream and tabs