UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ollie's Been Diagnosed With Dementia

selina

Thanks everyone.

I'll have a research on the aktivait and when we go back to the vets next week I'll see what she say's.

He slept right through last night, it makes you wonder if there is anything wrong when he does that, bles his little welshie paws.

As others have said, the only good thing about it is, he hasn't got a clue and that really is a blessing.

If I can feel the pain and he doesn't then I'm happy, tired but happy :laugh:

Selina have one of those :GroupHug: As you know, Snatch got diagnosed last November with Dementia and he is on Selgian which has really shown a great difference. Snatch was restless and literually scared of coming down stairs and detaching himself from us and after starting on the Selgian, I now have my little man more or less back. He still has odd days but in general his 'happy pills' work. And same as Ollie, he doesn't know any better and you have seen him at Christmas and how happy he was :)

Always here if you need a natter :)

Loads of good thoughts for you and Ollie. I've had two dogs with dementia, and although it took a bit of juggling to find the right meds and dosages, they did improve a great deal when we got there. Everything crossed that Ollie can be kept happy and well for a good while yet :GroupHug:

He appears to be doing really well at the moment, he gets us up every night but that's just him wanting a wee cause he's old and can't help it, but he hasn't had us up all night so far this week, fingers crossed.

In himself he's absolutely buzzing, playing lots, barking whenever he gets excited (typical welshie behaviour) and seems to be enjoying life, the tablets are certainly doing something for him.