UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Computer Is Broked

kiri_tc

:( :mecry: :mecry: We had a virus last week (OH has informed me earlier this evening) which he promptly deleted as told by the virus checker, but since then my DVD drive has dissapeared. " My Computer" hasnt even got it listed anywhere :(

Ive done a spybot check and a cr@p cleaner, but still not working. also it keeps trying to install Roxio CD and DVD creater everytime i start up the comp, but i cant allow it as the disk for it wont work as the DVD drive is not working and cannot be detected.

so my computer will be going to computer heaven soon, so if you dont see me for a while, you know why :mecry:

Have you tried a system restore from safe mode?

Boot up in safe mode:

Turn on the pc as it starts to boot up and before the windows screen loads press F8 several times you should get a black screen which offers you a menu with a few options, you want "start windows in safe mode" then see if it will load up. If it loads successfully you'll get the words "SAFE MODE" in each corner of your screen.

go to start menu > accessories > system tools > system restore

Restore the computer to a date a few days before it started to play silly buggers.

Allow it to restart the pc in normal mode.

If this doesn't solve the problem then try Roxio as Kathy suggests.

Kathy, you are an angel :flowers: My computer is no longer broken and is back to "normal". I went on the roxio site and someone helped me fix it within the last hour or so. I am so grateful I was about ready to give up and throw it out. You've saved me ALOT of money and i thankyou from the bottom of my heart :flowers: xxxxx

Kathy, you are an angel :flowers: My computer is no longer broken and is back to "normal". I went on the roxio site and someone helped me fix it within the last hour or so. I am so grateful I was about ready to give up and throw it out. You've saved me ALOT of money and i thankyou from the bottom of my heart :flowers: xxxxx

You are most welcome. :)