UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Vw Ad With Shivering Jrt Pulled

merledogs

feel free to have a go, but I loved the advert and thought it was great.

For those who complained about it, I am intrigued to know whether they have complained about RSPCA and WDSA (I think that is right) where they show scared, shivering dog and filthy bears tied up and the likes in their adverts? :(

feel free to have a go, but I loved the advert and thought it was great.

For those who complained about it, I am intrigued to know whether they have complained about RSPCA and WDSA (I think that is right) where they show scared, shivering dog and filthy bears tied up and the likes in their adverts? :(

Completely agreed!

i sometimes think to myself that people are only happy if the advert is doing some good for them. i.e the dogs trust shows dogs tied up outside in filthy conditions, have the same ppl who complained about this ad, complained to the DT about theirs??

personally i like the VW ad, and reading the owners statement backed up what i though about there being no abuse involved at all.

Hi

I have to say that although I felt it necesssary to complain to the Advertising Stanidards (for the first time ever) about the VW ad I haven't compained about the RSPCA and WDSA because although I feel uncormfortable what they show,they are trying to overcome the conditions that these ananimals are kept in.

To show terrrified animals just to try and sell not related products is simply not acceptable.

I do not see that showing any terrified animal (trained of computer generated) to try and sell any typre of product (other than for animal rescue) can be acceptable.

Just my opinion folks

Hi

I have to say that although I felt it necesssary to complain to the Advertising Stanidards (for the first time ever) about the VW ad I haven't compained about the RSPCA and WDSA because although I feel uncormfortable what they show,they are trying to overcome the conditions that these ananimals are kept in.

To show terrrified animals just to try and sell not related products is simply not acceptable.

I do not see that showing any terrified animal (trained of computer generated) to try and sell any typre of product (other than for animal rescue) can be acceptable.

Just my opinion folks

I didn't make a complaint about the ad but I share your view on why the RSPCA/WSPA/Dogs Trust etc adverts are acceptable and why the VW one made for uncomfortable viewing (for me).

I didn't think that the dog used in the ad was actually scared as I felt that was unlikely to be acceptable use these days, but having a nervous dog I didn't enjoy those bits at all as the company was advertising purely to sell cars. I can't compare that to the work of the above organisations who are helping animals/fighting cruelty.

I disliked the advert because I could see Holly when it thundered and it is not a sight I want to see too often. Whether abuse accured or not it was uneccessary to show a scared dog just to sell a car.

I agree with Mich Coutanche's comments about RSPCA etc but to sell a car using a dog is wrong. It does not encourage me to buy the car.

Barbara

I don't believe the dog was scared, I don't believe any major company would "get away" today with adverts that condoned that, even if his actions replicated some animals that are scared, it doesn't IMHO mean it reflects all dogs, and as phoebojo said earlier she has a dog that behaves in that manner through excitement.

However, as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity :flowers: