UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Carlton Towers

Anniegirl

Carlton Towers was, as usual, and excellent if sometimes odd weekend :)

Pumpkin had her first open competition and was wonderful, she did run out occasionally but managed 125 points :) :)

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6593.jpg

IMG_6515.jpg

IMG_6516.jpg

IMG_6517.jpg

IMG_6614.jpg

Both she and Bertie were in the multibreed as as we only have three non collies they had to run all day. Again she was pretty good, did run out a few times more but a friend was running her as John needed to box load for Berts. As for my lad, I had purposely given him a very quiet weekend with mainly lead walks so he was raring to go on Monday and he was excellent :) :)

Even Annie had a run as we have decided to put her back into starters, she only got 125 points last year so we got permission from Betty who said it was OK to run her.

So a great weekend for all the dogs.

I also had the pleasure of running Jaynes dog Eddie for one race in the multibreed, he was great :) :)

As for the weather............

This is what we woke up to on Sunday morning

IMG_6653.jpg

Our friends tent!!!!

IMG_6654-1.jpg

and the flyball arena!

IMG_6656.jpg

But in true Betty fashion she was not going to let a bit of snow stop racing :laugh: :laugh: the call went out for anyone with shovels to go down to start clearing snow. When that did not produce many people she issued the order for everyone to go down with dog dishes :laugh: :laugh: it is amazing how fast snow can be cleared with a load of flyballers with dog dishes.

Our team was provided with bacon butties from John :laugh:

IMG_6660.jpg

Racing started almost on time and the ground was very good.

Oh MY how much snow!

Pumpkin looks great, well done to her.

sounds like she had a great time.

she has grown into a lovely looking girl.

well done to all .

( how was the new caravan ?)

Donna

should have been new not end, can tell i am on the ball today lol

should have been new not end, can tell i am on the ball today lol

The new caravan was lovely :) :) and I was very pleased to have it with all that snow :laugh:

Penny charlton showed us the picture on her phone of your snow, we were unfortunate just having mountains of mud in botley. It was so horrendous!

Surprisingly enough we had very little mud, it was quite muddy around the game fair but the actual camping and flyballing area was OK. The flyball arena was in excellent condition all weekend.

We did mud at Carlton Towers three years ago, the worse I have ever had flyballing.

We had a fab multi-breed day at Carlton, and it was lovely to see Bertie and Pumpkin having such a fab time. Thank you so much to all your team for your help running dogs and box loading for me, couldn't have managed without you and the Carry On lot!!!

See you at Portway??