UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cottage Rescues Latest Cruelty Case "pony"

Cottage Rescue

Cottage Rescue got a new pony in on Thursday.

She is a gorgeous little Welsh pony who we have named Misty. She has had a horrible injury to her left eye that is going to need surgery. We had our horse vet out yesterday and she looked Misty over...the injury probably happened a while ago and was never treated which caused her eye to start dying off slowly. There isnt much of the eye left now and it is going to require surgery to have the remaining eye removed and the eyelids stitched closed.

Here is a picture of what is left of the eye at the moment...the black part is the remaining eyeball.

2-3.jpg

And here is her good eye!

1-5.jpg

This pony must have been in severe pain when this eye got damaged and it was never attended to.

Say Hello to MISTY

3-1.jpg

MISTY is a Welsh Pony aged 8 years and she is 11.2" high and she came into us on Thursday 13/03/2008 as a result of a Cruelty Complaint from a member of the public that was very concerned about her eye.

She has had a horrible injury to her left eye that is going to need surgery. We had our Horse Vet (Pia) out yesterday and she looked Misty over...the injury probably happened a while ago and was never treated which caused her eye to start dying off slowly. There is'nt much of the eye left now and it is going to require surgery to have the remaining eye removed and the eyelids stitched closed.

She will have to go into a local Equine Hospital and be put under gas to have the rest of the eye removed.

We were quoted a price of €1,200 for the removal of a whole eye...and chances are to remove a partial eye might be more costly. They won't be able to give us an exact price until they have seen her next week.

We put a plea into the clinic to give us a reduced price because she is a Rescue Pony and we are a Registered Charity, but they can't make any promises until they have seen her.

Cottage Rescue never outright asks for donations to help with an animal, but this time we are.

We would be VERY GRATEFUL for any donations towards Misty's surgery.

Anyone who has questions about her or the surgery before giving a donation can ask us...we will answer anything we can.

She is a very sweet little mare and we are working at the moment to put some weight on her, treat her for lice and she has been passported and vaccinated.

Her appointment is being confirmed today 15/03/08 for the operation and we will update as soon as we know!

So we are asking YOU to Donate Money towards MISTY's operation which will be carried out at The Equine Hospital, Fethard, Co Tipperary.

We will keep you updated on her progress with pics and details and also how much the operation will cost.

Please help us to help her!

Thank you for taking the time to read about MISTY

Poor little girl!!!! :mecry: :mecry: If it's any help my fella is blind in his left eye and you'd never know it!!! They adapt so easily and it certainly doesn't effect any thing he can do!! (Even jumping 5 foot fences!! :laugh: )

I'll pop some penny's over after payday next week. :flowers:

Well here is the very Brave little Mare :GroupHug:

I collected MISTY yesterday morning.

a3.jpg

A full frontal!

a2.jpg

Her good side!

a1.jpg

And her lovely bandage!

She has to be stabled for 14 days and we have to take her stitches out in 10-14 days.

She was so good when I got her out of the horse box and she walked up the road to Violets and she was very good with a couple of cars that had to stop and she put her tail high up and her head perky (as all good mares do) and wanted to do a wee trot to show off her lovely bandage :laugh:

They gave her great praise at the hospital and said what a good Pony she was, very well behaved :wub:

She is on Antibiotics and some pain relief, lets hope she will continue to be good :biggrin:

I would like to thank Violet for the use of her stable for the next 2 weeks.

To all the lovely staff at Fethard Equine Hospital.

And a very special THANKS to the Lovely Kind Young Lady that is taking care of Misty's Hospital Bill, I cannot mention her name as she wishes to remain anonymous, she is a Horsey Person.

To all other people who have donated money towards her Hospital Bill, I have contaed you all by email as money was donated by PayPal which I will return to you all!

Misty says NEIGH Thanks to you all as do us all at Cottage Rescue :hug: :GroupHug:

• 2 weeks later...

The latest on Misty!

mistyafter2.jpg

Dont you think her eye looks well now??

mistyafter3.jpg

And yet another.........

Well a lady has to show off her fashion, see the lovely Pink & Purple Head collar she got??

mistyafter4JPG.jpg

I turned her out into the field this morning and all I could do was laugh at her apart from the time she lost her footing and fell :ohmy: She done her trot and full gallop, she reared and flung herself in all directions and gave out the odd old fart as well :laugh:

She is a lovely little mover and would have done well in shows.

She is now looking for a nice home when I get her details together!