UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Scooby, Sweet 10 Year Old Terrier

Fee

scoobyocface.JPG

Scooby is a friendly 10 year old small terrier cross. Poor Scooby found himself wandering the streets and was taken to the pound. His time in the pound was ticking away but, luckily for Scooby, a local rescue contacted the Oldies Club and asked if we could take him into our care.

Scooby had a long journey to get to us but he is now in an Oldies Club foster home in Warrington, waiting for an offer of a loving forever home.

scoobyocwalk.JPG

This is what Scooby's foster carer has to say about him:

"Scooby is a confident, friendly and loving boy. He has been with us for less than a week and has settled into our routine very quickly. He is house trained and also knows some basic commands, like sit and leave.

Scooby loves his walks, food and being petted when he asks for it. I haven't let Scooby off his lead because he is still learning his name, so I don't know what his recall is like just yet.

Scooby is great with my two young children, but I would say he would need to be homed with children who understand when dogs need quiet time because he does like to have a sleep and should then be left alone.

scoobyocbed.JPG

Although Scooby does have a lovely cosy bed, he can be a bit cheeky and jump on the settee next to you for a cuddle and to snooze there instead. Scooby settles well at night and can be left at home for a few hours during the day.

Scooby gets on well with all dogs when we are out and about but as we haven't got any cats, we are not too sure if he could live with them. He does show a lot of interest when he sees them out walking, and also when he has been close up to my neighbour's cat, but he hasn't shown aggression towards them. Scooby is not safe around rabbits or other small animals and will try to chase them."

Scooby has had a vet-check and he is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, and flea and worm treated.

After all he has been through, Scooby really deserves a special home to call his own.

If you are interested in giving Scooby a loving home, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Scooby can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet him.

• 3 weeks later...

Now Scooby has been with us for a little while, it is safe to say that he needs to be the 'ONLY' pet in the home as he is very very choosy about canine friends and isn't scared to let them know he doesn't like them.

We are in the process of updating his write up, so in the meantime, if you think Scooby Doo would be 'your special' friend to be added to the family, we will not rehome him with other dogs or cats :)

Cindy :)

• 2 weeks later...

No-one wants our Scooby Doo. He really is an adorable little boy. Very lively and playful but will sleep a lot also. Loves his snuggly cuddles. He's been with us for 4 weeks now and his personality is starting to show through. He has a great sense of humour and loves to play fight but is gentle with it these days. He's a typical JRT that needs some guidance but is learning very quickly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It will come as no great surprise to anyone that Scooby's foster family have decided they can't part with him, so he will staying permanently :biggrin:

Congratulations Scooby on finding yourself such a fabulous new home :wub: