UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

£160 In 11 Days

buddyboy

Came home from night school last Monday and the boy had got his spray collar down from the cupboard and chewed it. He is completely deaf, if he sees me sign him to come back he comes, but if he doesn't see me I can still let him have freedom to run as all I do is "zap" him (odourless spray on his neck) and he knows I want him..... sooooo went online and found I could at least order just the collar part, as the remote bit for me to use was ok. £80......

Got back after the Tesco run yesterday afternoon - gone about half an hour..... he had climbed onto the cupboard and guess what - the replacement spray collar had been taken down and chewed............. so another £80

PLUS we had a brand new bottle of Metacam that we were going to take to a rescue in a couple of weeks - donated by the late Bruno's owner.... That had been taken down off the top of the bread bin - at the back of the worktop - taken out of it's box and pierced then thrown round the room (not drunk).... so the lounge smelled of Metacam, and when I went to bed I found that did as well...... memories of Jake who was on it for the last couple of years of his life.

How much do you reckon it would cost to have all his teeth removed??????? Only joking - but he is back to wearing a muzzle on the rare occasions they are left in the house without me - to prevent damage and also to prevent his poor sister Lucy Greyhound having a nervous breakdown when he is naughty!! (nb between the 2 collar demolishing episodes he managed to get the doggy biscuit barrel down, broke a plant pot with it as it is a heavy ceramic one, then left the lid where it had fallen and carried the barrel into the lounge where he and Toastie Terrier tucked in......)

I have found he doesn't like the taste of anti-nailbite stuff (yes, the shelf in the car has been safe since it was covered in Sally Hansen) so the new collar will DEFINITELY have the treatment!

Edited by buddyboy

I know he really loves me cos he brings me pressies - such as when I am talking to the workmen about the new bathroom he raids the washing bin and brings thru my dirty underwear!!! or he brings me a plant ------- which he has dug up....... then the next day brings me the pot!!!!

wouldn't swap him tho..... and he is doing really well at flyball - only been 3 times and he has now learned to run over the hurdles, get the ball out of the holder and run back over the hurdles to me with it.