UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lost Foxhound

Houndwoman

Just updating. Barkley was sighted in the Genners Lane area of Bartley Green 2 days ago. His owners went out and got within a few feet of him but he is really confused and bolted off again. Dog Warden will set a trap for him so long as he stays in the area.

He was only a field away from J3 of the M5 but hopefully he will have the sense not to go any closer.

Have contacted a local rescue who seems to think he will lie low in the nearby Country Park.

Please, if anyone is thinking of going out to look for him just 'phone owners on 07956 215347 if you get a sighting. Please don't try and catch him as this has been attempted a couple of times and it has really freaked him out.

His photo is on the DL website :)

Barkley is home :biggrin:

He followed a couple of ladies and they spent hours coaxing him with biscuits and finally got a lead on him. He is tired but otherwise seems OK and is off to vet for checkup, chip and tick removal as it would seem he picked up some unwelcome passengers on his travels.

I had a call from his owner at 11.50pm last night to say he was back. I had to leave B'ham yesterday afternoon after going out for one last look. I thought it was sods law that he would give himself up after I left the area :laugh:

It was all closing in over the last couple of days as it seems he was hanging about in a smaller area. He was tracked down to a place where he was seen last weekend and we somehow think it was his 'hidey hole'. Two young ladies who live on the edge of the fields where he was went to explore further and found him curled up, asleep on an abandoned armchair under a bush :rolleyes:

The field he was hiding up in is right alongside the M5! :ohmy:

They slowly went up to him, talking and coaxing with food and he started eating out of their hands :)

They did say that there was so much of his hair on this chair that they think he had been using it for a while. It was a good hiding place for him but not much help to his searchers!

To think of the distance he was travelling on a daily basis and him being able to find his own armchair is amazing.

The resourcefulness of a Hound definately was put into practice there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Welcome home Barkley-I will be tracking you down soon so as I can give you a big cuddle darling boy :wub: :wub: :wub: