UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Buying A Microchip Scanner - Where From?

ReikiAnge

I am thinking of buying a microchip scanner so that I can regularly scan my dogs to check the chips are still working. Over worried owner perhaps but it seems like a good idea to me :)

Anyway, have done a little googling and found this one: http://www.pet-detect.com/view_product.php?p_id=4

Which seems as though it would do the job, the Petlog logo is featured on the site and the price is better than I expected. It says the scanner can be taken abroad and used by owners so it's obviously something intended for the ordinary dog owner.

Does anyone know about these things, have their own scanner? Does this one look good?

Ok, the 2 we have are from different companies. Pet Detect are who I trained as a microchipper with, they do 3 types of scanner, the "Petscan" one that is the one I use when chipping, and is easy to use/reliable etc, they do a "universal" one that apparently reads all know microchips. See Pet Detect

The other one we have we bought way before I did the chipping course where I got the "petscan" reader as part of starter kit. It is from Pet I.D

Have a look at them all and see which one you think is best. I maybe able to get the Petscan one for you cheaper as I get a small discount :)

We desperately need one here as the girl that does our chipping/scanning is the other side of a flooded road for 4 months a year. Can you let me know the best price you can get the PetScan for please Bobbie as I would be interested in one. :flowers:

Edited by Rachel