UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Our Oldies

JACKYSIAN

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing I love better than a grey muzzle!

This morning I was having a cuddle from my old fella Cromwell and thinking how lucky I'd been to spend the last 12 years (and counting) with him. He's been a pain in the bum at times and we've had a visit or 2 off the police in his younger days...but he's always been fit and healthy and enjoyed his life. He's still extreamly active and loves nothing better than taking a young dog and showing it the best hunting places! I think for a 13 year old dog he is a stunner.

So I'd like to celebrate our 'Oldies' today please. :biggrin:

Cromwell (Excuse his nose , he suffers from pemphigus)

RL17.jpg

And of course the most SuperDuperCooper...classed as an 'Oldie' ...but not really sure how old he is! He's wonky, has dodgy hips, dodgy knee and a pain with toys, but he's a fab little dog and a real character!

RL4.jpg

Come on I need a grey muzzle fix!!!!!!!! :laugh:

As you know Cookie has pemphigus as well.....I'm sure you have tried everything.....but my Vet gave me a steroid Mouse that I apply when her nose gets sore(never been as bad as Cromwells tho) and it really helps.

If you have not tried it let me know and I will find out the name for you :biggrin:

Edited by Amie

I love this picture of my 3 oldies.

The nearest is Ellie, aka Stella, aprox 10, a Rochdale dog.

The dog in the middle is Gracie, approx 15, a Warrington dog.

The white dog is Joe, 11, Joe has brain damage and a lot of alergies, spends most of his life in his crate, his choice, it is only in the last 2 years he has had a crate because I couldn't keep him out of one so bought him one of his own.

Sleepingbeauties.jpg

Individually

Joe

Joe28.jpg

Gracie

Gracie28.jpg

Ellie aka Stella, being gobby :rolleyes:

Stella426-1.jpg

Merlin, 7, not too young I hope. Merlin is one of the 4 Greyhounds that Greyhound Action brought over from Ireland 4.5 years ago, how time flies. :biggrin:

Merlin28.jpg

Oldies Club take in dogs aged 7 and over if that squeezes some extra photos out of peeps :laugh: It depends on the breed really. 7 is young for a Viz they are only just maturing. 7 is very old for some other breeds.

Little Munchkin aged about 13

DSCN0597.jpg

Issiepops aged 13 and 3/4

DSCN0588.jpg

As you know Cookie has pemphigus as well.....I'm sure you have tried everything.....but my Vet gave me a steroid Mouse that I apply when her nose gets sore(never been as bad as Cromwells tho) and it really helps.

If you have not tried it let me know and I will find out the name for you :biggrin:

That would be brill please. He's nose isn't quiet as bad now, it gets alot worse in the summer. I don't actually give him the dose of medication it needs to completely get rid of it because the effects of the steriods is 100 times worse than the pemphigus!! :mecry: It doesn't seem to bother him. I put aloe vera on every evening..which he licks off!! :laugh: I've just started him on Hilton Herbs Canine Immunity formula so I'll let you know if it helps.

This is little Emma, 10 years old but definately doesnt act it, that is unless she is snuggled up to you on the sofa grumbling like my Grandad!!

CIMG0215.jpg

After one or two shandy's!

CIMG0255.jpg

And Buzz the foster oldie who fingers crosed (or un-crossed depending how I look at it) will be off to his forever home tomorrow

CIMG0294.jpg

(he does have eyes just decided he didnt want anyone to see them)

Weeeeell, now you're asking for it.... :) I've only just posted a load of pictures in the "pictures that make you smile" thread, but this one of my oldie Malcolm makes me smile too

MalinAmbleside009.jpg

taken after a long walk during our little holiday in Ambleside last September :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

So does Rio count as an oldie then? I've never thought of her in that category but she's 8 and a bit.

Dec07Jan08110.jpg

Dec07Jan08021.jpg

After looking at Rio :wub: I definately think Roly has lurcher in him its that expression on her face too ...the mouth never quite closes - bit like mine! :laugh: