UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My New Foster

meandmy4?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I must put my hands up that along with the other 98% of the population I dont crate my dogs in the boot. I have an estate car with a manufacturers dog guard fitted. I have 4 medium largish dogs and could not squash them into crates in the boot.

And the seatbelts in the back of my car are reserved for my children.

Unless your crate is chained into the boot or back of your car then the crate will kill the people in front of it with the force. I am sure if you go to driving standards agency or something it will be there as have just consulted hubby who loves all these car problems and confirmed I was right unless cage chained in, ropes ect will snap with the force.

I am sure if you guys have concerns about car safety maybe start your own post on it and see others views. As this was my post about my new foster not the G-force of crates.

My sister helps at the RSPCA and she went to collect a dog and she sat on back seat with it as it was terrified and her re-assurance helped and the Ashley Heath RSPCA had no concerns what so ever so I think it must be the call of the foster mums and individual dog.

I have been doing this a while now and have always seemed to get whats right for the dog so wether you agree or disagree I will continue to do what I feel is best for the dogs in my care.

this was a post about your foster dog, that naturally raised a red flag to many very experienced rescuers and transporters, who have a great deal of experience in safely transporting dogs. This is a rescue based forum so surely you must expect people to ask questions when you post a picture that shows no safety measures have been taken? It may be YOUR post dear, but its about a dog and strangely enough, DOGS are what we all do on this forum

Nobody has said that *all* dogs must be crated when travelling.

If you have a manufacturers dog guard fitted, a crate of the size that would be needed for a 12 week old puppy - containing said 12 week old puppy and secured - would *not* kill the people in front of it.

Your photo quite clearly shows that one of the seatbelts in the back was *not* being used for a child.

You are basing your knowledge about transporting dogs safely upon the fact that 2 people have taken risks and travelled dogs unsecured. I can give you plenty of examples where people have exuded your confidence, done the same thing and ended up with either a dead person or a dead dog or both.

I truly hope that your best continues to be good enough for your foster dogs whilst you take such risks with their lives :(

My sister helps at the RSPCA and she went to collect a dog and she sat on back seat with it as it was terrified and her re-assurance helped and the Ashley Heath RSPCA had no concerns what so ever

And I presume your sister is an adult and was awake at the time of holding the dog?

some really interesting views , points and statistics on this thread

I am sure meandmy4 is not the only person to ever move a pup like that ( rightly or wrongly ) and rather than just talk about it here why don't we have a thread about securing dogs in cars which will give me the chance to embarrass myself totally as I will try and add a poll

Gosh I'm torn with reply here :unsure:

OK, maybe meandmy4? has made an error of judgement. I don't profess to know the ins and outs of the force of dogs hitting passengers when unrestrained, however, I have seen the adverts on TV depicting what can happen when people do not wear seatbelts :(

What I find somewhat disheartening is the way that some have given their advice - smacks of superiority IMHO. Now, that's not to say that that 'superiority' is not justified, I just feel uncomfortable reading this thread for meandmy4? Maybe and PM would have been the better way forward ? On the other hand , I can appreciate that the Forum has a responsibility to the others members. (You know, I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure :rolleyes: :laugh: )

(NB I'm not sure 'superiority' is the right word either :unsure: )

So, all that aside - I think that's one cute puppy and hope there's a forever home waiting just around the corner :)

Gosh I'm torn with reply here :unsure:

OK, maybe meandmy4? has made an error of judgement. I don't profess to know the ins and outs of the force of dogs hitting passengers when unrestrained, however, I have seen the adverts on TV depicting what can happen when people do not wear seatbelts :(

What I find somewhat disheartening is the way that some have given their advice - smacks of superiority IMHO. Now, that's not to say that that 'superiority' is not justified, I just feel uncomfortable reading this thread for meandmy4? Maybe and PM would have been the better way forward ? On the other hand , I can appreciate that the Forum has a responsibility to the others members. (You know, I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure :rolleyes: :laugh: )

(NB I'm not sure 'superiority' is the right word either :unsure: )

So, all that aside - I think that's one cute puppy and hope there's a forever home waiting just around the corner :)

:unsure: I don't think that anybody was trying to be "superior". I think advice has been offered in an attempt to ensure the safety of both the dog and the passengers in the car in as kind a way as possible in response to a photo being posted which depicted a puppy being transported in a way which would be considered unsafe.

What I find most disheartening is the fact that it has been made clear that the advice given will not be heeded, but at least now the OP is aware of the fact that risks are being taken and hopefully maybe somebody else may have read this thread and realised that there are safer ways to travel :flowers:

Nobody has said that *all* dogs must be crated when travelling.

If you have a manufacturers dog guard fitted, a crate of the size that would be needed for a 12 week old puppy - containing said 12 week old puppy and secured - would *not* kill the people in front of it.

Your photo quite clearly shows that one of the seatbelts in the back was *not* being used for a child.

You are basing your knowledge about transporting dogs safely upon the fact that 2 people have taken risks and travelled dogs unsecured. I can give you plenty of examples where people have exuded your confidence, done the same thing and ended up with either a dead person or a dead dog or both.

I truly hope that your best continues to be good enough for your foster dogs whilst you take such risks with their lives :(

How dare you say my best isnt good enough. I am dedicating my life to rescuing these dogs and loving them and caring for them. I was supposed to spend the day with my parents but instead took Dolly to be micro chipped done 2 homechecks and sorted my own dogs out. My fosters are loved unconditionally and go to there new homes fantastic family pets. I find your post not only hurtful but spiteful and unfounded. May I ask what you have done for rescue dogs today?

How dare you say my best isnt good enough. I am dedicating my life to rescuing these dogs and loving them and caring for them. I was supposed to spend the day with my parents but instead took Dolly to be micro chipped done 2 homechecks and sorted my own dogs out. My fosters are loved unconditionally and go to there new homes fantastic family pets. I find your post not only hurtful but spiteful and unfounded. May I ask what you have done for rescue dogs today?

I think that you may have possibly misinterpreted my post :unsure: I didn't say that your best isn't good enough, I said that I hope that it continues to be good enough. I have just tried to offer you advice on this thread because I really don't want to see you having to learn a terrible lesson from a mistake :( :flowers: