UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Giving Up Smoking For New Year

KathyM

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo no I don't deserve a well done, it's not hard to give up at all. I do however have to thank Sam for helping Baz and I to do it - he gave up too and we're a completely smoke free family now. My son Dan was bullied into trying a cigarette at school (he neither sucked nor inhaled lol) and we went through some of the points in the book and he feels much stronger about things too.

Thanks Sam, and thanks everyone else who helped make us make the decision to do it. You don't lose anything from trying and there's so much to gain. I'm honest when I say Baz and I didn't have any cravings at all once we'd had Sam's help. :GroupHug:

ps: I'm reading the fat book now.....

Ooo no I don't deserve a well done, it's not hard to give up at all. I do however have to thank Sam for helping Baz and I to do it - he gave up too and we're a completely smoke free family now. My son Dan was bullied into trying a cigarette at school (he neither sucked nor inhaled lol) and we went through some of the points in the book and he feels much stronger about things too.

Thanks Sam, and thanks everyone else who helped make us make the decision to do it. You don't lose anything from trying and there's so much to gain. I'm honest when I say Baz and I didn't have any cravings at all once we'd had Sam's help. :GroupHug:

ps: I'm reading the fat book now.....

Kathy, was that the Alan Carr book?

Well done to all those who've given up the evil weed! I finally took the plunge after Xmas, so been a few weeks now - I started off on the 21 mg patches but have now binned them but am also going to the Smoking Cessation course which has been really good and my group are a real mixture of very interesting people. Anyway, I've been quite surprised at how easy it has been so far ..... but then again when I went to come out of Morrisons this morning the smell of fag smoke was wafting through the automatic doors and I have to admit, it really gave me a craving - you know when you get that waft and you think 'Awww ..... blow it my way!" My health worker (or 'Therapist' as I call her for fun!) says you aren't quit until those cravings have gone. So clearly a way to go yet for me ...... hohummm

Sandi (I can't do any smilies for some reason???)

The smoke-wafting has the opposite effect on me now. Despite having said I'd never be one of those whining ex-smokers, I find myself feeling very (inwardley!) resentful about being subjected to smoke around doorways, outside the bus station and supermarkets, on the train platforms (where it's non-smoking). I never say anything but it's hard not to gag. :unsure: It's not the people I feel angry at, it's the fags lol.

:huh: when i last gave up, i stayed off them for 3 years - not once did i not get a craving when i smelt smoke and i often used to go out for a smoke without smoking just to get the others passive smoke.

However even when smoking I've never been able to bear the smell of stale smoke but just smoked smoke has something about it.. :unsure:

Even reading this is setting me off again. (2 weeks 3 days yaay)