UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sigh.....

ClazUK

They were on gmtv this morning, the mother said it was that one dog that did the damage and not the breed.

Terri

unlike the lib dem politician who wants private property prosecutions, more dogs added to the dda and all large dogs licensing cos you never hear about anyone being savaged by a small dog do you :angry:

No you muppet but thats because that has no interest for the press not because it doesnt happen :angry:

so go forth people with small dogs and be as irresponsible as you like cos he says youre dogs are safe twonk :angry:

I was annoyed at what was being said on GMTV this morning. Iw as also annoyed that the texts that Kate read out in relation to the topic that people had text in were all negative - I bet some people text in defending the deed not breed stance but these were not read.

I was impressed with the mother of the girl who was hurt by their pet rottie tho, as even she, as someone with a child directly hurt by one, can still say "deed not breed" (or as she said, the dog itself and not the type)

I watched this this morning - at no point in the interview with the mother was it mentioned that the girls didn't know the dogs were in the kitchen when they went in alone (ie, kids unsupervised with dogs) and therefore it was avoidable. The mother was very good at mentioning it was about one specific dog - but did also say that it had shown no history of aggression...

What I found particularly interesting was that when Kate Garraway was interviewing Mr Numpty MP she mentioned that her little girl had been bitten by her mum-in-law's westie on Christmas Day and it was therefore not just about big breeds, he seemed to brush over that. He even still mentioned that little dogs can't do much harm, and the old chihuahua argument was trundled out. I thought it was good of Kate to bring up what must have been a bit embarrassing for her, and definitely was to her mum-in-law (she said so) to illustrate a point. It's just a shame Mr MP had his prearranged lines and was not going to deviate from his speech. Even the Mum of the girl injured by her rottie said he was talking rubbish.

Edited by eponadeb

In Dec 2006 , I got a phone call from a man asking me to bath his Rottie. It was right on top of Xmas and as I work alone, I thought oh, I'll ignore the call and he may find someone else. As I've gotten older, I find it harder lifting big dogs, and if I lift one by myself I could hurt it. Anyhow, he called me again in the New Year. He said that he had tried every dog groomer in the area and that none of them would bath his dog.

I told him to come down, he said he'd stay with me and help. Well, what a lovely man and a lovely dog :wub: He has been in regularly this year and he was my last customer of 2007. We do muzzle the dog, Keaton, while he's being bathed because he is older and a little arthritic so can be a little grumpy. But as soon as hes done, 45 mins the muzzle is removed and I get heaps of Rottie kisses very sloppy ones I hasten to add :wacko: The last time he came in, he fell in love with me :wacko: :rolleyes: boosboss was there and witnessed the whole thing!

When the attack happened on the baby in the pub by the 2 rotties, Keatons owner was walking him and 2 ignorant f#####s said "ooh is that the dog that killed that baby?" I can't repeat what his owner said.

You cannot tar all dogs with the same brush. There are good and bad in each breed usually IMO down to the ignorance of people. Very sad :(

I had a row in the street earlier when a man verbally attacked a chap with a rottie and a gsd. Honest to God the bloke was a complete twathead. Not my business to get involved but hey ho and it amused Melf who was on the other end of the phone :laugh:

Pillocks though, opinionated yet their opinion isn't there own, it's come from media hype.

Pillocks though, opinionated yet their opinion isn't there own, it's come from media hype.

Tis often the way with prejudice sadly, it often comes from what they have been told by others not their own experiences. Good for you for defending the rottie owner, I shall be doing the same should the situation arise.

It was a terrible tragedy, as was the death of the child this time last year but I cant helping seeing the similarity in the circumstances. Both times the dogs appear to have been kept as "guard dogs", both times babies have been left with people who with hindsight probably werent the most capable and we really dont know what happened to alarm the dogs into a state where they became that aggressive.

Absolutely awful situations but it would be so wrong to blame the breed. I used to have a wonderful rottiexlab - I can truly say that girl was the most gentle loving dog Ive ever owned and my boys, loved her to bits -as she did them - I looked out the window one snowy winter to see her pulling them around the garden on a sledge they had fitted to her harness - bless her she was wagging and grinning. We lost her when she was nearly 16 and it broke our hearts.