UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dexter

hushpuppy

A message about Dexter has already been posted in the chat section but I wanted him to be mentioned as a new member of the Rainbow Bridge Posse.

Poor Dexter. He went to live with my friend just 13 months ago. He came from rescue and had been picked up as a stray. Nobody knew his history but he settled into his new life with gusto. He was happy and didn't deserve what happened to him. When out walking last week he disappeared under a hedge - this time he picked the wrong garden, it was where the wolfhounds lived. Very bad timing meant that they were out in their garden being exercised and he was pounced on by a pack. The wolfhounds owner saved him from being ripped apart but he flew off in a panic and that was the last time he was seen alive. I tried so hard to find him but didn't go far enough. Dexter was found this morning about five miles away from where he was lost. He was in the garden of a very remote farmhouse, the lady who found him didn't know how long he'd laid there as it was the first time she had been in her garden for days.

All dogs are lovely but Dexter's special gift to the world was his cheery attitude to everything. He got so much pleasure out of his little life and it was infectious. It was impossible to be sad around Dexter, he wouldn't allow it, and he always could make me smile and laugh out loud.

He wasn't my dog but he stayed with me several times when his owner was away and visited me frequently to go out walking. I loved him and I will miss him greatly. I have spent much of the day in tears, crying for him and for myself. I wish I could have done more to find him before it was too late.

So, Dexter, spread your joy at the Bridge. Sweetie is there for you to stalk and pigs ears and tennis balls grow on trees.

Rest in peace, scruffbag.

Image009.jpg

Edited by hushpuppy

• 2 weeks later...