UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Tis quite normal, with all the food, drink, etc you put inside your body in a day. That's why I always weigh myself first thing in the morning.

Yes that makes sense but what happens to it all over night? I guess I will lose water whilst sleeping but other than that I dont see what is so different about my body when I get up next morning?

I used to like the ones that I used to use at the gym a couple of years ago. They were posh ones made by Tanita :) We have a cheapy pair from Lloyds pharmacy and I'm not convinced by them to be honest. Get on it one minute and I am 25 summat. Get on em again 2 mins later and I am 27 summat (once again testing them out cos it seems wrong).

Thanks for that - I thought that miht be the case, think I might stick to normal scales for now and just head for a weight I am happy with.

Well done Mrs B :flowers:

Yes that makes sense but what happens to it all over night? I guess I will lose water whilst sleeping but other than that I dont see what is so different about my body when I get up next morning?

Your stomach will be empty as the food will have been broken down, your body changes food into energy and you are also burning carbs to convert to CO2 which you breathe out. Water is also lost through your skin which then evaporates. (I didn't know all that, I had to google) :laugh:

I had put 4 lbs back on, but have managed to lose 2 lbs of that, so I am currently back to having lost 7 lbs :rolleyes:

Edited by madmerle

after 4 weeks i had put on 4.5ibs :ohmy: until last week that is when i finally got my head into gear and lost 3.5Ibs and my total loss is 27.5Ibs I feel great :biggrin:

This is what my Weight Watchers Leader sent me when my head was all :wacko:

You said you needed a kick up the bum

or you'll never get rid of that round little tum

so pull your socks up and write everything down

and soon a smile will replace your frown!

You can do it just sit down and think?

what needs to happen to make your tum shrink

A smaller bum too would be absolute bliss

so if you ask me to kick it i might miss!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well done Mrs B :flowers:

Your stomach will be empty as the food will have been broken down, your body changes food into energy and you are also burning carbs to convert to CO2 which you breathe out. Water is also lost through your skin which then evaporates. (I didn't know all that, I had to google) :laugh:

5 - 6lbs still seems alot though. I can understand the food being broken down but it hasn't all gone entirely yet has it ( sorry if TMI but I weigh myself before the loo :laugh: ) The burning of carbs in sleep I can understand also but it would take someone of my size 24hrs to burn 1350 calories when resting so over night sleep is only going to be about 400 at most. Wierd. Fascinating but wierd. :laugh:

Well done Mrs B :bigsmiley:

Edited by Abigailj