UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

Cheryl you can't possibly need to lose 96lb!!! :wacko: :unsure:

I can, or my scales or horribly wrong :rolleyes: According to them I'm just two pounds off 17 stone :ohmy: :mecry: I'm a size 18 and when I was 10 stone I was a size 12 so that's what I'm aiming for.

I need one of those fings that those who quit smoking have. I've had no cayke since Friday and no biscuits since yesterday. I have saved X amount of pennies and will live 36 seconds longer, or something like that :laugh:

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can, or my scales or horribly wrong :rolleyes: According to them I'm just two pounds off 17 stone :ohmy: :mecry: I'm a size 18 and when I was 10 stone I was a size 12 so that's what I'm aiming for.

I need one of those fings that those who quit smoking have. I've had no cayke since Friday and no biscuits since yesterday. I have saved X amount of pennies and will live 36 seconds longer, or something like that :laugh:

I am shocked :ohmy: I didn't think you looked big and would never of said you weighed almost 17st :huh:

I will not admit how much I weigh :(

Edited by Godin

I quite like the idea of Lighter Life/Cambridge Diet but neither of them gives information on their sites ( not that i can see ) of how much they are weekly/monthly or what payments options there are :unsure:

Are they expensive?

The only thing i don't like is the having counselling though, could i say i don't want it and still be allowed to do them :unsure:

I need to lose about 5st :(

I quite like the idea of Lighter Life/Cambridge Diet but neither of them gives information on their sites ( not that i can see ) of how much they are weekly/monthly or what payments options there are :unsure:

Are they expensive?

The only thing i don't like is the having counselling though, could i say i don't want it and still be allowed to do them :unsure:

Wendy has been to both and can explain the differance in price and the set up :flowers:

Are they expensive?

I started on LL and was paying £66 per week but on Cambridge it works out at about £35 a week, depending on which packs you have as they are inidivdually priced (Tetra packs and bars are a few pence more than sachets of dust milkshake powder :flowers:

oooh and there is another company called W8 thats something between the two, they offer group sessions or you can get support by phone

They also have a selction of plans and you never go longer than 3 weeks on just meal packs and its £49 a week which I think is more than the cambridge and less that LL

http://www.allaboutw8.co.uk/Home/W8_Home.asp

Here's a post from the other day, in case you missed it RP:

As it happens, Cambridge make the foodpacks for LL :rolleyes: Both are very good, as they are the same thing at the end of the day. Personally, I didn't find the counselling of any benefit for me. The group I was in had a couple of people who were very 'me, me, me' and kind of took over. Plus for me, having to spend 2 hours a week there and fit it around work started to get to be a pain.

Apart from the cost difference, I much prefer Cambridge as I can see the lady when it suits me, its only half an hour and I get one to one attention. Oh, and only having to have 3 food packs and 2.5 litres of water each day :laugh:

I'm sure you'll have a great first week. I think I lost 11lbs in my first week which is a real boost to get you going.

Good luck :flowers: :flowers:

thanks for that - Cambridge diet suits my pocket better :rolleyes:

don't think i'd be seeing counselling person though :mellow:

do you know what payment options there are, i don't do CC so not sure how i could pay...

The counselling is not like therapy. I give my Cambridge lady cash and she also takes cheques and would imagine most are the same.

The 'session' is literally half an hour, get weighed, have a chat, choose packs to eat for the coming week, make next appointment. My Cambridge lady has a rescue dog and is a little obsessed with Bumpy and Dolly, so I usually take them with me as she wants to say hello. Most of the time we don't actually talk diets :laugh:

If you've got any questions, feel free to shout :flowers:

I didn't when I started, but as I got nearer to goal, I owned up :laugh: :flowers:

And very very brave you was too :flowers:

A bit blurry but this is size 12 me:

DSC00002.jpg

This is me on holiday in October:

DSC00610.jpg

I think I'll find other size 12 me photos and stick them to the fridge and cupboards :laugh:

You look very silphy at a size 12 Cheryl :flowers:

I have never looked silphy :mecry: even as a teen I was a size 14 :(

"Women tend to believe they look their best at values between 20 to 22

I was quite depressed when this was posted as I felt like the goal posts had been moved for me :sad02: I have only just got mine to 25 :rolleyes: . But then I thought about this photo that was taken at the weekend and how happy I was when I looked at it compared to how I felt when I was four stone heavier and I just decided not to go along with "most women". I am happy where I am now and have obviously been designed to be a curvier shape than some :wink:

DSC_1183.JPG

Well done to those who have lost!

Those who haven't - hopefully this week will be more condusive to eating healthily :)

I've managed 1 1/2 lbs this week but I'm 'claiming' 2lb cos I only claimed 1 last week :rolleyes: :laugh: - but basically I'm happy :biggrin:

Might go and see if I can work out how to do a ticker thing :wacko:

:cheer:

Good luck Cheryl :flowers:

Julia, I've always felt that BMI was flawed. I'm bigger on the hips and shoulders, although by comparison, my waist is tiny, to typical hourglass shape.

My hips will always be this wide, expcept now i can feel the hip bone rather than loads of fat :laugh:

I told my Cambridge lady at the beginning, I didn't care what my BMI was, so long as I was a healthy, in proportion size 12-14. I'd rather be curvy than a bean pole (not that a bean pole is likely for me :laugh: )

I think you look fab :flowers: