UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Zeena - Next Desperate Oldie

Going to the dogs

Pat, do you think we could have pics and updates when Zeena is home, please?

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Yes, will let you know how things go and get some photos, not sure how to post them but will have a go!!! They are so excited about going to collect Zeena tomorrow. I am going up to meet her in a few days to give her time to settle in and get to know Stuart and his mum. Regards, Pat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, just thought I better update you on Zeena. Stuart and his mum travelled to Wales last Sat. 8th Dec in all that horrendous weather we had. He found the place half way up a mountain, the road was almost washed away in places. They collected Zeena but didn't have too much time for introductions due to the weather. They broke the journey half way and Stuart took Zeena for a short walk, they got on fine. However on arrival at home, it was obvious Zeena was very wary of his mum. As she had a hip op recently she still uses her stick for support. She growled at Stuarts mum and is was evident she didn't want her to come too close. This makes me think there was something in her history, perhaps she had been beaten with a stick by a woman, who knows. They have been very patient all week, Stuarts mum is the only one to feed her and give her treats, and Zeena has been allowed to have 'her space' and I am very pleased to say things have settled down. They are 'bonding', she is great with Stuart, gives him a lovely welcome when he comes home. I have not been up to see her yet but will probably go up next week. I think they needed the time to get to know Zeena, and Zeena get to know her new owners. Will keep you posted after my visit. Best wishes Pat Kelly.

Being scared of someone with a stick is not unusual, alas. :mecry: Some of mine, even though they have been with me for years, will get edgy if they see a fisherman carrying a rod. They have obviously been beaten. :mecry:

I'm so glad that Suart and his mum are persevering with Zeena. I hope it all goes well.

I was up at the pound last Saturday too - not at the same time. I was collecting 2 lurchers who were going to GRWE where homes were waiting for them. :)

Driving through those floods was scary. So all credit to Stuart and his mum. :flowers: :flowers: