UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tasha Is Home :)

greytgirl

Bless her, it must be a relief to have her home. :GroupHug:

As others have said it's us humans who worry and fret, our dogs seem to just get on with it regardless of what they've been through.

Rather than a buster collar, are you able to put her in an old T shirt? That might be a bit more comfortable for Tasha.

Lots of post op healing thoughts for Tasha and 'stop fretting' thoughts for you :flowers:

Thanks..I was thinking the same about the buster collar..I am going to use a t shirt as she sont like that collar on at all, to be honest she hasn't paid ANY attention to any of the wound..its in a place she cant really get to anyhow :GroupHug:

We got some sleep, she has been fine, got up a few times in the night and got comfortable again and straight back to sleep...think she got more than me as I had one eye open all the time :wacko: thanks for all the well wishes, she is much better than I thought and is using her leg just fine which is brilliant..my worry levels are dropping all the time :rolleyes: and now the first night is over I feel much better.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: Hi all, I cant tell you how happy I am with Tasha's progress..its like nothing has happened! we have been to the vets this morning and he has taken the drains out, she must be much more comfortable now :biggrin: She is getting up and down, no problem, her leg is still a little wobbly, but cant believe how well she is doing..what a tough old girl she is :wub: she is a brave girl...she is my star!

Im VERY glad we chose to do this now, it could have turned out so different, but my babe isnt ready to leave her mummy just yet :GroupHug:

Here she is in her Brats t shirt :wacko:

mypoorgirlie006.jpg

I think it looks so much better already??

mypoorgirlie005.jpg

and here she is today with her t shirt off as the drain is out, and she cant reach the wound to lick it :rolleyes:

mypoorgirlie010.jpg

Cant tell you how much I love her, and this gave me a BIG fright..we aren't out the woods as we yet have to face the lab results, but for now she is here, happy and healthy and that is what is important to us all :bigheart3:

Hi, here's a thought for you - when Louie broke his leg very badly, and suffered physically and mentally, a kind vet recommended I contact Freemans Homeopathic Pharmacy in Glasgow. They have a website - www.freemans.uk.com or 0845 225 5155.

I spoke to their Chief Pharmacist (very kind and helpful man) and he made up some tablets of arnica and hypericum - lactose based so they just dissolve on the tongue. It cost around a tenner - I got some Rescue Remedy in spray form too which is great for dogs. Would highly recommend talking to them, they'll come up with what's exactly right for her. I rang them at 3pm one day, the tablets arrived following morning - amazing service, and I'm certain they helped Louie's bruising heal and his shattered nerves too!

Good luck to you both xxx

Hi, here's a thought for you - when Louie broke his leg very badly, and suffered physically and mentally, a kind vet recommended I contact Freemans Homeopathic Pharmacy in Glasgow. They have a website - www.freemans.uk.com or 0845 225 5155.

I spoke to their Chief Pharmacist (very kind and helpful man) and he made up some tablets of arnica and hypericum - lactose based so they just dissolve on the tongue. It cost around a tenner - I got some Rescue Remedy in spray form too which is great for dogs. Would highly recommend talking to them, they'll come up with what's exactly right for her. I rang them at 3pm one day, the tablets arrived following morning - amazing service, and I'm certain they helped Louie's bruising heal and his shattered nerves too!

Good luck to you both xxx

Thanks so much I will certainly look into that :flowers:

Great news!!! Now keep your head together and spoil her rotten. You cross whatever bridge there may be when you come to it. Enjoy the here and now, she is alive, she made it through the OP. more than enough reason to be proud of your decision :).

:flowers:

Loads healing thoughts heading her way from all us here :GroupHug:

just spoil her rotten :wub: :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

The vet rang last night, and I wasnt sure if to post yet as AGAIN Im afraid I didnt take much in..Im in pieces :(

The lump is growing back rapidly..I can see that myself, its not even 2 weeks yet!

He said..reading between the lines, forgive me not knowing much but my head went :cry: it will grow back, it will spread..dont know how long it will take, he asked how she was, she is fine, my happy tail wagging beautiful loving loyal girl :wub:

she is eating playing and just being her happy little self :wub: so he said there is nothing he can do and to just bring her Friday as planned for her stitches out and we can discuss the options then...Im SO SO scared.

Its not the most aggressive tumor but its certainly bad enough and there is pretty much nothing we can do! My beautiful girl has that AWFUL thing in her body and I can do nothing about it..what will I do, I love her so so much?

I will take hubby on Fri to take in all we are told, I can only hope and pray however long Tasha has with us, that her time will consist of NO suffering, I will NOT allow it.